Ok... Now they Have Me Pissed! (Dish Audit Police)

stone phillips420 said:
there are no flags within dish, as soon as you leave there are 5 people behind you willing to sign up

DISH IS FULLY OF TRICKERY AND DECEIT

Stone

Yes there will be several people coming behind a person once they leave. My point was that if one department was responsable for a large amount of subscribers cancelling it would eventually have an impact. In reality most people would not take the step to shut off service on a dime.

Im sure they may have noticed an impact but the bottomline
is you and i and others mean nothing to dish
its easy for leases to jump ship but what about the people who own equipment that will be worthless

I had an issue with them trying to audit receivers that were not even activated but they were still listed on my account. They were deactivated a while back but they were still listed on the account. I seen where there was another receiver on my account that was not active and I had them remove it completely. I think sometimes they do not get removed from the account when you tell them to.

stone phillips420 said:
there are no flags within dish, as soon as you leave there are 5 people behind you willing to sign up

Unfortunately you are correct there.

In 2005 they added 1 Million subs - even with no Football Package, no HD of all 4 major networks and Voom HD-Lite.

The few hundred they loose from the audit team don't even make a dent.

In case you are keeping track, that is as many subs subscribed last year as they had in 1997 total.

Last edited:
I have never experienced the audit team myself. And as Stone pointed out it is easier for us that lease most of are equipment to walk. The experiences that others have shared about the audit teams lead me to beleive that as a whole we the consumers are accepting less quality service for are hard earned dollar.

Let me be clear that the issue here is not what makes me feel that way. This is just another nail on the head. I would suggest to Dish to have a training session for these people to teach them how to do the audits in a way that would be less likely to offend there honest customers. The way most of these posts read is that they are very accusing in these calls and are lacking some simple manners.

This is what happens when a business gets too big, they get less appreciative of their subscribers. Each person means less and less to them because each subscriber makes up less of a percentage of their subscriber base.

DirecTV in the past used to turn off receivers that were not hooked to phone lines, but from my past experience they only turned off the ird's not hooked to the phone lines, not every ird on the customers account.
Lately though DirecTV seems to have really loosened up regarding the phone line bs, while Dishnet seems to have gotten way worse.

A friend of mine recently went to DirecTV because of this audit crap. He only has a cell phone. The installer for D* put in 4 ird's and told the activation dept that the customer only had cell service, no problem......

Both Dish and Direct need to update their user agreements. A lot of households now have gone to cell only, or cable ,internet, or even new power line based phone systems.

I'll repeat what I said before, I will NOT under any circumstances connect a phone to any of my 3 receivers. I had a problem several years back with my DVR 921 where someone was hacking into the 921 and screwing up my OTA favorites. Now on several other threads I have praised *E over cable but if they play this BS with me GOODBY E*, hello COMCAST! I just hope it will not come to this.
:mad: :mad:

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

I did not want to hook mine up because of phoneline surges I get often here. I already had one receiver burnt up because it was hooked to a phone line. It got my neighbor's line the last time at the same time that it got mine. Now that I have to have them connected if a receiver gets burnt up, its their dime, not mine, since I got the warranty. I just better not lose any recordings. If I were to not have a landline phoneline when high speed internet comes my way then they are going to have to figure that one out. I am NOT and repeat NOT going to pay for a landline phoneline just to satisfy Dish Network. It would be CHEAPER to go to another service provider and most other people would see it that way as well if you had to have a landline phone line. Hopefully by that time all of my receivers with have the ethernet port as mine currently do not.

NR2D said:
I had a problem several years back with my DVR 921 where someone was hacking into the 921 and screwing up my OTA favorites.

Rich,
You really think some kid was hacking into your 921?

I'm sure it couldn't have been a sw bug.

fred

Fredinva said:
Rich,
You really think some kid was hacking into your 921?

I'm sure it couldn't have been a sw bug.

fred

It only happened when I turn the receiver off to up the SW or guide. I don't know if it was a kid or E* but It got a little tiring to have to reprogram my OTA channels every couple of days and it stopped when I disconnect the phone line.

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

Frank Jr. said:
Do they still audit if your receivers are plugged into a phone line?

if connected to the same land line based phone line no

5th and 6th recvrs disclosers is to be continuosly be connected to the phn line ... or be subject to an audit..... honestly most ppl who get audited are because their WHOLE FAMILY is recving dish then say well we live in the same house ..... or the same house is actually an apartment .... or customer has 6 recvr and they are in 3 states .....

NR2D said:
Dish has NO bussiness calling my reverivers and snooping around, IMHO.

Rich Dunklee
NR2D

lol they aren't snooping around ... they are updating the program guide and updating your software

ok this audit thing is heated and upseting ... but you try taking a class to try to firgue out which is the customer that has them all in the same house and the ones who are lieing to you and just acting upset about it to get you to believe them...... i agree things should be more tactful but ...put yourself in their place .... could you tell who's who? they CAN send a tech out ... but it *MUST* be a dnsc tech who rolls out to verify the location of the recvrs , not just your buddy the local installer

-- i'm glad i don't have that job

mera said:
lol they aren't snooping around ... they are updating the program guide and updating your software
Really? How is that done for receivers that are not hooked up to a phone line? (Hint: it's the same for those that are)

I had E* for years and never used a phone line. All this stuff is done over the air/sat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts