OK, so WHO is lying?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'd like to see Dish restructure their channel packages. The packages have kept adding channels and increasing in costs over the years but it's get to be too much now. They should take the three core packages and split them into four. They could go back to some of the old packages like a Top 60 or 80 channels to start with. You could probably keep the Top 120, 200 and 250 close to the same. If Dish could come out with a core package of about 80 channels that included the majority of the most popular channels and priced it at around $35 they would make it much easier for customers to stay or switch to Dish. I know they have the Smart pack now but rarely does anyone sign up for it because it does not have some of the most popular channels like ESPN, Discovery and History.

OTA would be a solution but some people are just too far away for the signal to reach. Hopefully both sides will come to an agreement soon.

!rolling.gif

My local Fox,CW, and MY tv are also off the air due to a pricing dispute. I have OTA and get all the locals in HD( Dish is SD only). I wish Dish went back to its old pricing system of $5 less for each package without locals. Then, maybe they could have Guide info for the OTA channels that are in dispute for those with the non local packages.

I'd like to see Dish restructure their channel packages. The packages have kept adding channels and increasing in costs over the years but it's get to be too much now. They should take the three core packages and split them into four. They could go back to some of the old packages like a Top 60 or 80 channels to start with. You could probably keep the Top 120, 200 and 250 close to the same. If Dish could come out with a core package of about 80 channels that included the majority of the most popular channels and priced it at around $35 they would make it much easier for customers to stay or switch to Dish. I know they have the Smart pack now but rarely does anyone sign up for it because it does not have some of the most popular channels like ESPN, Discovery and History.

You could easily fix the problems if you spin off the sports channels in to their own premium packs. IF you want it you add it and pay for it. IF you don't , you save $$$. Also Welcome and Family packs should be available with HD . This day and age there should not be SD only packs. IF you used theme packs this would take care of a lot of the costs . You start with a small basic pack like Welcome or Family pack with your locals and then add theme packs to it. You could do either traditional bundling like today or theme packs like Canada does. It works up North it should work here too. IF not I am afraid the costs will simply be too much for many us next year at price hike time. The only option I have left is to drop to top 120 or the Welcome pack ,to save money. First I had cable to have variety of channels and my locals without an antenna. Then I switched to Satellite to save Money over Cable costs. Now even the price of satellite has simply got out of hand. Now I am thinking of going back to ota and the welcome pack to save money. My kid lives off of his X-box and You tube videos on the computer. I don't think he would even miss his joey, he barely uses now.

You could easily fix the problems if you spin off the sports channels in to their own premium packs. IF you want it you add it and pay for it. IF you don't , you save $$$. Also Welcome and Family packs should be available with HD . This day and age there should not be SD only packs. IF you used theme packs this would take care of a lot of the costs . You start with a small basic pack like Welcome or Family pack with your locals and then add theme packs to it. You could do either traditional bundling like today or theme packs like Canada does. It works up North it should work here too. IF not I am afraid the costs will simply be too much for many us next year at price hike time. The only option I have left is to drop to top 120 or the Welcome pack ,to save money. First I had cable to have variety of channels and my locals without an antenna. Then I switched to Satellite to save Money over Cable costs. Now even the price of satellite has simply got out of hand. Now I am thinking of going back to ota and the welcome pack to save money. My kid lives off of his X-box and You tube videos on the computer. I don't think he would even miss his joey, he barely uses now.

It's going to take a dispute with ESPN and FOX in order to get the sports channels into their own package. :(

Looks like E beat you to the punch they have a smaller package called the Smart Pack at $30. http://www.mydish.com/upgrades/english-packages/?WT.svl=left-nav

Don't see how they could put ESPN in a lesser package given its cost. The smaller packages should be sports free to keep the cost down. AT120 has just about all the popular nonsport major cable channels in it already.

I'll add to the broken record...I'd like to see all channels opened up and hourly usage tiers be an option as well. That way the user has full control over what they watch and how much they watch and how much they spend.

Last edited:
Ahhh... I saw this post the other day, and figured it didn't apply to me since my Fox wasn't 18 and 26, until last night when I actually wanted to watch something on Fox and guess what?!?!?!?! I'm part of the Grant group too.

I have a sense of humor, which is why from a quick glance I found it funny that 50% of your post history consists of "clear winner" posts. :D

Last edited:
That clear winner thing must've struck a nerve, lol. Inferiority complex maybe?

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner

Neutron said:
OTA would be a solution but some people are just too far away for the signal to reach. Hopefully both sides will come to an agreement soon.

People are just too cheap to pay to put up a good antenna. They would much rather call dish and threaten to cancel and hope that dish would put up the antenna for free to keep them As a customer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)