Old Actuator Controller

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bpalone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 1, 2014
44N 105W
Fixing to probe the memory banks around here. I have an old Skywalker II, by Superwinch, controller and have it working. However, I am trying to remember how to reset the counter to zero in order to be able to start from the east side and work my way westward making notes of the count. Does anyone here remember or know?

It is a shame when one has to revert to 25 to 30 year old electronics to get an actuator to work. Vbox 7 didn't cure the issue over the old Vbox 2. My theory is that when it is cold ( below about 30 degrees F.) the actuator is stiff and the current limiting in the Vbox kicks in and prevents the movement. The Skywalker only has 16 memory slots, but I can live around that provided my theory is correct. Will know before long, as it is supposed to go below zero here in a couple of days.

Any help greatly appreciated. My only thought at the moment is to bottom out on east side and remove the power for a few minutes.

Don't remember that particular unit, but some at least I think, was hold the E or W button then turn it on. (E if actuator on east side, W if on West side)
My theory is that when it is cold ( below about 30 degrees F.) the actuator is stiff
Best to 'operate' . Take the inner tube out, and clean and rrlube the screw and nut with fresh low temp grease. If it gets 'gummy' little lubrication is actually taking place.

It is Brand New, both actuator and the Vbox 7. But works OK so far with the Skywalker. Now down to about 8 degrees.

Thanks for the feed back. Powering it Off on the East End did it. Got to watch it closely using the memory, will head off in the long direction. Will survive for a spell as is.

Reactions: FaT Air
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)