old dish new problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nero.psclor02

Original poster
Mar 8, 2010
Guyana
Hi,
I am a Final Year Electrical Engineering Student at the University of Guyana,South America(not Africa),I recently got involved in a project that requires me to rehabilitate an existing Tvro system to recieve signals in the C-Band.However,being new to this i am at sea when it comes to compatibility between components.I am wondering if any of the members here can guide me in the right direction when it comes to this project.There is no such system in this part of the world so information is limited.
note: all equipment that i have is operates in the C-band.
Question: I have read that there are some satellite that offers free unsramble programming ,Is this true and if so what are some examples?

Thank you,
Please reply....:confused:

lost my post . oh well,

www.lyngsat.com for info on available channels
www.dishpointer.com for info on look angles and how to aim the dish

maybe your old receiver is analog only. unfortuanelly there are only less than a handful of analog channels. you need a digital DVB FTA satellite receiver. you can still use the dish and LNB (or LNA if it was tooooo old) if they are in good condition.

BTW I do not think there is even a city named Guyana in Africa (maybe a small town) , no idea what made you beleive that most people would think of Guyana as a country in Africa but .... lol

Almost forgot, Welcome to the forum.

@hd fan:thanks for the reply and information....The Guyana thing is Just humor...although most people do think about Ghana when they see Guyana (thinking that its mis- spelt)...thanks again bro...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)