OTHER old guy that is new

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bmc290

Original poster
Jan 7, 2020
snow country
hi folks first post here
i have an old prime star dish with and invacon combination lnbf and motor my question is will this work with the new STB's ? And which can control the motor better? if any difference
i also have a 5ft fiberglass dish (have always wondered if the motor can turn it) i can use as well with the invacon lnbf.. i am considering a Edision mio as a new stb
thank you for the input

hi folks first post here
i have an old prime star dish with and invacon combination lnbf and motor my question is will this work with the new STB's ? And which can control the motor better? if any difference
i also have a 5ft fiberglass dish (have always wondered if the motor can turn it) i can use as well with the invacon lnbf.. i am considering a Edision mio as a new stb
thank you for the input
Welcome to Satellite Guys! Yes, the old Primestar will work for a ku setup. You will want to make sure you position the Invacom at the focal point of the original lnbf and use the standard ports on the Invacom as there is next to no circular in the clear anymore.

You could probably use the 5 ft dish to pick up some of the stronger c band channels. As far as receivers the MIO is a top of the line unit with a lot of capabilities. If you just want a basic receiver you could give the Amiko Mini HD265 a try. :)

thank you for the welcome and reply
the old 36inch prime star with motor and lnb were used alot in the past
the bigger dish was used stationary in the past as well.
almost all of the old mesh dishes around here were scraped so i may
have to just use these to play around with. i still do have my old stbs that i might use to realign my dish setups. but from the looks and what little reading I've gotten to do i need to read a whole lot more...

Hi Bmc290. I started a few years ago and with much use of this forum made the right choice by getting the Edison OS Mio. Glad i did. Great support directly from the owner at Titanium Satellite - Sales / Design / Development / Distribution /Customer Support The other 4k stb the O!@#$%^ had to many problems from what i researched. The Edison is the way to go. Had it for quite sometime with no problems. Once initial setup is done and they have step by step help for you you are good to go.

Welcome bmc290, this forum is the epicenter for info and guidance on FTA. Not sure which LNB you have, but if it's the QPH-031 that'll work. For Ku you would not need the circular polarization though, just linear. What type of H-H motor do you have?

You're not old, you're just less young :).

Welcome bmc290, this forum is the epicenter for info and guidance on FTA. Not sure which LNB you have, but if it's the QPH-031 that'll work. For Ku you would not need the circular polarization though, just linear. What type of H-H motor do you have?

You're not old, you're just less young :).
hi spongella
Yea this site is about the best Ive found when searching around for information.
i cannot remember off hand the lnbf model the 031 could be it the H-H motor was a dg-380 or something similar ..as of now they are way out in the horse stable stashed away for the past 8-9 yrs.
i have been missing my old hobby of late and wouldn't mind getting back into the hunt for signal.

ok so i got to look at my old setup
and i have the sadoun dg-380 HH motor and the qph-031 lnbf
on the primestar dish i have had this setup and used in the past and it worked well... now can i still use my old stb's and this setup for todays KU band stations i have mostly SD boxes (coolsat5k-7k preferred to use) and one HD nfusion all of these have controlled this setup in the past imo the 5k's were best at scanning

bmc okay on the motor and LNB, have had both, they work well and you can still use those. As for the STBs, well, there are some stations now using MPEG4 and even a newer one I think it's HVEC something or other. Perhaps the guys can tell you more. Still plenty of stations on the MPEG2 though.

hi again folks just a little update
my bigger dish is a 1.8 meter (5.5-6ft) i believe when weather permits i will dig these out .should i be able to pull in stronger cband on that dish

Reactions: FTA4PA
Im another old guy coming out of the wood work. I still have a few Pansats, Viewsats, Twinhahn (WIN95-98ish), Mikabu, etc ;)hehehe. Still have a 39" KU dish on a rotor that utilizes USALS outside, Setup and ready to go. I can receive 61W-129W. So im looking to get back into the hobby again. I been into satellite for about 20 years, but been out of it for a little while. I think its time to run a cable upto the second floor and hook this puppy up and may have to look into investing a new receiver. I still use only SD tv's though for the most part. I do have a old Azz HD 32" I use for OTA though. I miss the old days but watching bately any tv daily. Im ready to get back into a cheaper alternative and use what I have available. That Edison Receiver looks interesting!

Welp folks. Im back from the cave!!!!
Take care yall,
Chris537

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)