Old Pegasus subscriber

Status
Please reply by conversation.

soonerfan

Original poster
Oct 11, 2004
I was a Pegasus subscriber for about 2 years. I bought a HDTV with built in tuner and did my own install. I have never been given any equipment or had any contracts with DirecTV or Pegasus.
I gave up on them about a year ago and switched to dish network.

Pegasus had horrible customer service and you basically had to walk them though what was on the website to get them to understand what you wanted.

I guess DirecTV doesn't use them anymore and I was wondering if I would be considered a "new" customer to DirecTV if I decided to switch?

I want the most out of my HDTV and according to http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/aboutus/headline.dsp?id=09_08_2004A
it looks like DirecTV is easily going to be the leader. It also frustrates me that DishNetwork didn't tell me I would have to have a separate dish to receive CBS-HD. That is just, as my kids would say, retarded!.

So what kind of deal do you think DirecTV would work out with me. Basically I just need 3 other receivers. As I still have the multi dish with triple LNB and the HDTV with DirecTV receiver built in.

What ever deal you get I would run it by Value Electronics (Top of the page) before you decide they often have better deals than DirecTV, first class company and Gold sponsor here at satelliteguys.us.

You may have to forget that you own a HD system from Directv that receiver and access card may prevent you from becomming a new customer again, seeing that information is already connected to an account even if it isn't active.

being csr rep at directv you should call in on telephone that not list on the acct say that never had acct they should treat you as new customer as alone as don't give them any of equipment info or telephone nbr used before wish i could say that to other that ask me that before but no they had to mention that were ex directv subs

I would say technically, since he left pegasus before it was part of Directv, he would be considered a "new" DirecTV subscriber.

If I am also reading this right - the HDTV is only a built in OTA tuner, and not a DirecTV HD reciever correct?

no it is a built in DirecTV reciever. My TV is an RCA Scenium 65" HDTV. It has the DirecTV logo right on it.

I guess if I had to I could purchase additional recievers for the other tvs in my home.

Just thought someone on here had maybe been through this, since DirecTV dumped Pegasus.

Thanks for your replies.

I am an old Pegasus customer (since 1997) and now with Directv. I have an HD DVR receiver from Directv and another SD receiver. Everything comes in okay. Just make sure they have the receivers ID numbers and card numbers for each receiver. Call the special number for old Pegasus subscribers, because we are still not integrated into the main database. Good luck!

Could be way off base here, but I thought that if you weren't on D* for 90 days you can be considered a 'new' subscriber. Gotta check the fine print on the ST deal. Be right back.

Well, looks like I am incorrect
from http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/learn/FAQ_DTVBasics.dsp#16

Q: I had DIRECTV® service in the past. How can I restart it?
A: If you still have your dish, receiver, access card and remote, just call us and we'll help you get it reactivated. If you no longer have the equipment, you can purchase new equipment, but you may not be eligible for our new customer promotions.

Note the legalese of MAY NOT BE ELIGIBLE. They aren't saying you aren't eligible, but you may not be. But if you have the eq., which you do, they can hook you back up. Who know, they MIGHT be able to give you something 'similar' to the ST package deal. Gotta call 'em.

Soonerfan, welcome to Satelliteguys.us!!

You should be considered a new sub since you never had Directv service itself, but through Pegasus.

Give them a call and see what they tell you.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)