Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Time to start this poll once again (looks like the previous poll has not survived the forum software upgrade).

So, who is your cable provider? Please vote above. I have included Verizon FiOS too.

If your cable company is not listed, please reply to this thread and we can add it to the above list.

And if you do not currently use any cable service, please do not vote. You can click on "View Poll Results" instead.

Interesting. Does Qwest deliver HD channels too?
I added Qwest VDSL to the list.

Ilya said:
Interesting. Does Qwest deliver HD channels too?
I added Qwest VDSL to the list.
Sadly, no. I've asked and they say HD and a DVR is in the works. I'm not holding my breath waiting. I think their HD / DVR solution will simply be DirecTV as they are partnered with them for bundled discounts. They've been doing it for about 5 years here and all that's changed since inception is a newer STB and the premium data service went from 1.0/1.0 to 3.0/1.0.

Last edited:
My Cable CO is Dish Network. I have this nasty cable coming to the house from COX for internet.

Adelphia is the company that serves the city I live in, but most people opt for DirecTV or Dish Network. I cut the cable in 1995 and was antenna only until I got Dish Network in 2000. Adelphia lost me a long time ago and I will never go back.

Citywest Cable

Used to be Monarch Cable Till Oct 2005 ... I think we have about 25,000 Subs in 8 towns/cities ..Problay one of the only analog only cable systems left in the Great white north lol ...but digital is coming

Hi everyone.I saw your cable company poll and thought I woud add mine.Northland Cable Co. serves mainly small communities in several states.I have their bundle package of digital cable/BB/phone for 99$ a month.Really enjoy the site!overtimeman

Service Electric of Lehigh Valley, PA SUCKS!

if you want to know who the first cable company was in the us. Its Service Electric! thats its name to fame only.
family channe line up only, no diversity!!!!!!!!!!!!
most of the their service area is one way!! not fiber they still use the 1970's original lines in my area there hdtv doesnt work here.. the higher the channel the more snow. upper channels dont work Horrible backwards hickish CS.... headend problems signal is variable seems like during primtime viewing the quality of the channels degrade especially in the upper channels. if system goes down or there are tech issues on a weekend its not fixed until the following monday. if you want to see what cable was like in the 1970's this is your company to pick..
If you complain they give you credit for snowy channesl instead upgrading or resolving the issue... interesting a private company at work. and i cant get RCN because they dont have a fanchaise in my area. never seen so many directv and dishes in my neighorhood.

Hi everyone.I saw your cable company poll and thought I woud add mine.Northland Cable Co. serves mainly small communities in several states.I have their bundle package of digital cable/BB/phone for 99$ a month.Really enjoy the site!overtimeman

Another Northland Survivor!?! Northland in my neck of the woods (and i suspect all necks served by northland) is crap. Crap for HD, crap for Analog, crappy prices, the only good thing is our internet but thats just because DSL sucks. Good luck with yours

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)