Old wow account hacked

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
I used to play wow but stopped back in November of 07, at that time I destroyed all in game items including gold and deleted the characters from my account and cancelled the account as well. Tonight I received an email from blizzard congratulating me on activating the burning crusades 10 day but it noted that my account was not active. Nearly three hours later I get another email stating that my account had been deactivated due to an economic exploitation. Now before anyone tries to say that I share my account info let me make it clear that I don't and never have, also let me make it clear that the computer I had at the time died 4 or 5 months later and before this I had not only cancelled the account but deleted the game and had reformatted the secondary drive the game was on a month later. I've checked my bank account and there are no charges to the card that I used to pay for my sub to the game. I have no idea how someone got my password to the account but they did and they didn't change it at all, I've also changed the password for the email account associated with the game account several times since terminating it so this has to be a breach on the end of Blizzard or its payment processing service.

I found out that they didnt change the password by actually temporarily logging into the forum account long enough for it to show me the details of the characters each of which was level 1 and had spammer names ( basically names like "kjhp, ioiune, 99h97yn" and each on their own server. Really odd but I know that the ball is out of my court, I'm just a little concerned as to what information blizzards payment processing service kept on file and if that is where the hack took place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts