OLED vs LED TVs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thanks. Let me know when they're down below $2K. I doubt SWMBO will ever let me spend $3K on a TV again. And I don't care to, either.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The 2016 OLED's really took a nice step forward in near-black performance, UHD/WCG/HDR calibration, and I would expect by 2018 or so, they will be brighter and even more polished.

They seem to have advanced a little faster than plasma on that side of the ball, especially calibration, but the knowledge was already there from plasma and LCD. I'm not sure when the price will be what a 65" plasma was at launch ($3500), but I don't have one regret about what I spent on my 2015 65". If the 2017's continue to polish and perform well, I will probably look at one of them in late '17 when they are getting nice discounts, depending how their WCG performance is.

The 2015's have limited HDR/WCG calibration options.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Stranger Things on Netflix, when 11 is walking around in the darkness (once you see it you will know what I mean) in the white suit experiment, oh the blacks...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)