OLN Dropped by Dish over Programming Disputes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
tujumaster said:
I have a question. Why hasn't Charlie been ousted from Dish yet?

Two reasons:

1) Because the company is profitable and still growing subscribers. No matter how much bitching we hear here Dish is still drawing subscribers on pace with DirecTV and still maintaining more than 45% of the market share and it is still making money unlike its main competitor.

2) Because Charlie owns the company. Charlie owns well over 50% of the voting stock and his friend and co-founder owns another huge chunk of the company.

See ya
Tony

I didn't see an introductory area, but I'm a newbie to this board and was just surfing around and came across this thread. I'm a dish subscriber and I'm actually pretty mad about this. I'm such a Hockey fan and used to watch reruns of Survivor ALL THE TIME, so by them cutting this out of my service has made me really mad. Looks like i'm gonna have to switch subscribers now...What is everyone else doing?

Samara said:
I didn't see an introductory area, but I'm a newbie to this board and was just surfing around and came across this thread. I'm a dish subscriber and I'm actually pretty mad about this. I'm such a Hockey fan and used to watch reruns of Survivor ALL THE TIME, so by them cutting this out of my service has made me really mad. Looks like i'm gonna have to switch subscribers now...What is everyone else doing?
Not too many others seem to care otherwise it would have been on after a couple days

Samara said:

Didn't watch OLN before they had hockey. Didn't watch OLN when hockey was "on a break" and didn't watch them when they came back. It is two games a week and 99% of the time four teams I couldn't care less about watching (go Av's) so why should I switch? Take away an important channel then maybe I would think about it, but for this one, not even worth the time to dial the phone. But then again, that is just MY opinion!

I'm not sure how I really feel about this. On one hand I could care less that it's gone (other than because my friend was a die hard viewer of the motocross they aired). I never watched it. HOWEVER even though there are many that do I think that Charlie should have kept it "as is" with no hockey games for the people who watched other things. At least then it would have shown how greedy "OLN" was and let the pi$$ed of Dish customers complain to them instead of Charlie. I for one don't want to have to have my AT120 price go up because a small number of people want to see some hockey games. Nothing against hockey it's just I'm not really a sports person. It's too bad that it wasn't available for the 1.99 like The Outdoor Channel. I'm 100% for fairness. I put up with this stuff from Dish because I would rather pay less for TV at this point in my life.

LM

Will not miss this channel, I already get 85% of all Bruins games in HD through Comcast Basic +HD, and Hdnet for the other big games. I can watch the "Tour" on my international channels I sub to.

if would have to guess oln as well. they were in no position to bargin with the nhl. now if it was football, that would be another story.

does anyone have a link for the story?

Got dang caving Cablevision.

Now charlies all alone.

Which probably means OLN will come back quicker ;)

But charlie will still say he won because of his big show with removing the channel :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)