OLN Nears Name Change

cablewithaview

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
Take your pick: Among the brands Comcast Corp.’s OLN trademarked recently for its upcoming name change are Victory Channel, Sports Country Channel, Sports Nation Channel, Victory Network, Sports Country Network, Sports Nation Network, Victory TV, Sports Country TV and Sports Nation TV, as well as other combos.

Comcast changed the network’s name from Outdoor Life Network to OLN late last year.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/CA6326509.html?display=Breaking+News&referral=SUPP&nid=2226

voomvoom

voomvoom

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
May 18, 2004
Lizella, Georgia Republic
I think they should change it from OLN to OSN. It could stand for "Other Sports Network" or "Our Sports Network". Just a thought, if they're still looking for idea's.

Al

TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 1, 2004
dfergie

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Diamond Jim said:
Didn't The Nashville Network evolve into Spike with someting in between?
The Nashville Network> Tnn> ( the national network> Spike... I miss the swamp buggy races myself... and with OLN changing who knows if the Bull riding might disappear due to some comcast exec's whim...

cablewithaview

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
rat, I don't see why not. keep it as a national feed and keep the regionals as is.

BFG

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
Yeah call it Comcast Sports National.

comcast is in love with themselves anyways...

But they really need to change the name, because the irony in the OLN (which we still associate with outdoor) containing hockey is really bad...

Brewer4

Brewer4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
I used to work for CVS pharmacy and my friend asked what that spelled out. Consumer Value Stores. He said I wish I never told him that. LOL

riffjim4069

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
BFG said:
Yeah call it Comcast Sports National.

comcast is in love with themselves anyways...

But they really need to change the name, because the irony in the OLN (which we still associate with outdoor) containing hockey is really bad...
BFG, I think you've got it!!!

cablewithaview

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
ESPN has a foot hold for sure, a fresh alternative would be nice on a national level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)