Olympic Track and Field!

I like the Track & Field best of all too. I hated the fact that they showed stuff so late at night when it happened almost 12 hours earlier.

I like the Track & Field best of all too. I hated the fact that they showed stuff so late at night when it happened almost 12 hours earlier.

No different than swimming. An email would come through from one of a handful of news sources saying Michael Phelps won another gold, and it would not air until 10pm central, 10 hours later. With track some of the races were shown in the daytime and then re-shown at night.

But NBC does not care. I hope they enjoy their two weeks of ratings because after this Sunday, I'll be tuned out for the next two years. :)

Not sure how else they could accommodate you. The events are also available live online at nbcolympics.com...

I know, they could hold all of the track events starting at 11pm London time. :)

I used the live feed on my computer at work yesterday - worked great. Watched Men's Beach Volleyball for a while, they had European commentators, and never broke for commercial. Worked great - then last night... NBC showed the same game -- which I turned off, since I knew the lousy outcome.

How did Demps do ?

The High Jumper from Kansas (State ?) also from my home town of Toledo, Ohio won a Silver the other night, I'd like to see what else he might do, but there is no rhyme or reason for the scheduling of these events, no timetable at all.

And even less rhyme or reason when NBCFail runs the events. But lots of track tonight. No idea about Demps. There was some high jumping on earlier today, but it might have been part of the decathalon... It all blurs... Indeed, after almost 2 weeks, I am about sported-out :) (And tomorrow my BRONCOS play the BEARS in pre-season. Sheesh.... what I need, more sports. :D

Jimbo said:
How did Demps do ?

The High Jumper from Kansas (State ?) also from my home town of Toledo, Ohio won a Silver the other night, I'd like to see what else he might do, but there is no rhyme or reason for the scheduling of these events, no timetable at all.

He's part of the 4 x 100 relay team, so he hasn't run yet. It's going to be hard to beat the Jamaicans.

4 x 100 is scheduled for Friday and Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Jamaica-mon. Knew the results of the 200 since this afternoon (dang newspaper emails), but fun to watch Bolt put it away. And wow - for Jamaica to go 1-2-3, that is impressive. Bolt is cocky (witness doing five pushups after the race), but I liked his interview, and how he thanked his US fans.

I had to stop watching the race walk. Not because it was silly looking,but because I got tired of watching judges come out & DQ race walkers for "breaking form." They have(or maybe "had" now) a race walker from Guatemala in second position after the leader,with 2 red cards & a "warning",& I figure with an hour left to go,he'll be DQ'd(if he hasn't been already by the time I'm posting this). For something that looks so funny,they(the judges) take it VERY seriously.

Congrats to FLA Running Back Jeff Demps and fellow FLA Gator Tony Mcquay for bringing home the silver in the mens 4x100.. Jeff Demps set a new American record!!

SEC SPEED!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts