Olympics on Directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
:welcome to Satelliteguys Justin!

I only have hd, so I can't answer your question, but I thought I'd welcome you anyway!

603 seems to be Olympics central. Press the red button and you get a directory of summer games to be televised on this and other channels. Guide also allows you to search by "on today", browse by sport, medal count and Team USA Update. You also get the record button when you are in the guide.

actually any of the NBCUniversal channels have that
237 Bravo
355 CNBC
356 MSNBC
603 NBCSports
751 & 752

just not the NBC station

I'm a little annoyed that the 3d Chanel for the Olympics s a day behind... I thought it would be live 3d coverage....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm a little annoyed that the 3d Chanel for the Olympics s a day behind... I thought it would be live 3d coverage....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Same here, very disappointed. But this is NBC, I should expect it. Also most programing is delayed but you can watch it on line????

The thing that p***es me off is the fact that we viewers in the USA are forced to watch nonstop commercials with our Olympics coverage. Of course that's because NBC had to pay millions for the rights to broadcast it. Yet in a lot of other countries the networks there paid very little for the coverage and the Olympics coverage is commercial free. They are picking on us and making us pay through the nose for Olympics coverage just because they can. It's unfair and it's wrong. I was talking on Skype to a friend of mine in Liberia, West Africa and he said that on the satellite service that they get there there is extensive commercial free Olympics coverage.

The thing that p***es me off is the fact that we viewers in the USA are forced to watch nonstop commercials with our Olympics coverage. Of course that's because NBC had to pay millions for the rights to broadcast it. Yet in a lot of other countries the networks there paid very little for the coverage and the Olympics coverage is commercial free. They are picking on us and making us pay through the nose for Olympics coverage just because they can. It's unfair and it's wrong. I was talking on Skype to a friend of mine in Liberia, West Africa and he said that on the satellite service that they get there there is extensive commercial free Olympics coverage.

move to liberia? a lot of people in this country are under the idea that a government owned tv station would be awful. other countries don't see it that way. BBC is probably better than any station in the US, yet it is run by the government. free is a loose term to throw around, they do have to pay a tax for each TV they own iirc

NBC overpays because the way our market is set up, someone else is driving that price up. fox, disney(espn/abc), cbs, etc will all threaten to pay to get the olympics, which drives the price up. no one is really going to compete with any station for coverage in Liberia to the point where it will cost them $2 billion for the rights for two olympics(winter and summer, and winter isn't even very popular)

Even in the soccer matches they show commercials... DURING THE GAME!
They just go to commercials in the middle of the match and then return.
And that is not common in soccer matches, the commercials are shown until the half time.

And that is not common in soccer matches, the commercials are shown until the half time.
On the dedicated soccer channel that does not happen. In fact, the coverage on most channels hasn't been too bad with the commercials - it's just the main NBC channel that's ridiculous.

i watched live US women today on nbc sports, no commercials

#firstworldproblems

Unbelievable.

Is anyone else watching the Olympic basketball channel (752)? Sometimes they simulcast the same game on channel 603 also and the audio always sounds much better on 603. Today the audio on the basketball channel is even worse that usual. I'm getting pretty much all audio through the right front speaker. It's also quieter than all other channels. Horrible.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)