Omegasat 5700

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ChristyV

Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
Indiana
I also have the OmegaSat 5700 receiver but a Fortec Star dish. Actually it is my dad's. We had a different receiver previously hooked up but we needed a new one. We just received the OmegaSat a few days ago and cannot get any stations to show up. We didnt have any problems with the other box until recently but now we can't get anything to show? What do we need to do first? And does my location have anything to do with it? I live in Terre Haute, IN. Thanks for the help!

Are you using a motor with the receiver? If not, sounds like you just need to rescan whatever satellite your dish is pointed to now. Does that receiver have blind-scan? If not, you'll need to manually add whatever transponders are active on the satellite you're aimed toward,then try to do a manual or transponder scan.

Does that receiver have blind-scan?

Yes, the Omegasat DSB5700 has blind search.

The Omegasat DSB5700 comes pre-set with Galaxy 19 and Standard LNBF (LO: 10750 MHz) as default.

You may have a Universal LNBF, please check to see if you have a Universal LNBF (LO: 9750/10600MHz). If so, you will need to change the LNBF type and frequency in the receiver under the antenna settings portion of the menu. Then, as a standard practice do a blind search and if your signal lock/LNBF/wiring is OK you should see the channels.

Update us on your progress.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)