on and off signal on Sat 110

Status
Please reply by conversation.

farzad

Original poster
Jan 27, 2007
Greetings:
I have a problem that seems to be so weird for DTV installation dept.
I have recently purchased an H20 HD-DVR from DTV, and I have an Oval 3 LNB dish installed (by myself). When I connected both tuners and activated the receiver, I only get channel 72, 76, and 79. for other channels I get message 711, searching for signal. When I check the signal strength, I get 94 for Sat 101, and 93 for Sat 119, and 87 for Sat 110. But there it the problem with Sat 110. the signal stays on for 3 to 5 seconds, and then it disappears for 2 seconds, and then it comes back. The wired part is, I loose the strength for Tuner 1 for 3 to 5 seconds, and tuner 2 stays fine, as soon as tuner 1 comes back to, tuner 2 will die for 3 to 5 seconds, it rarely happens, when both tuners have signal at the same time. Do you know what is the problem, or if there is a remedy for this.
FYI, DTV will send a professional on Feb. 24th to update my dish to 5 LNB, but I want to know why it is not working.

Thanks

Greetings:
I have a problem that seems to be so weird for DTV installation dept.
I have recently purchased an H20 HD-DVR from DTV, and I have an Oval 3 LNB dish installed (by myself). When I connected both tuners and activated the receiver, I only get channel 72, 76, and 79. for other channels I get message 711, searching for signal. When I check the signal strength, I get 94 for Sat 101, and 93 for Sat 119, and 87 for Sat 110. But there it the problem with Sat 110. the signal stays on for 3 to 5 seconds, and then it disappears for 2 seconds, and then it comes back. The wired part is, I loose the strength for Tuner 1 for 3 to 5 seconds, and tuner 2 stays fine, as soon as tuner 1 comes back to, tuner 2 will die for 3 to 5 seconds, it rarely happens, when both tuners have signal at the same time. Do you know what is the problem, or if there is a remedy for this.
FYI, DTV will send a professional on Feb. 24th to update my dish to 5 LNB, but I want to know why it is not working.

Thanks

This will fix your problem:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=86505

I just read what you have said (digiblur). First of all, I do apologize for not doing my homework, and posted my question in a wrong place, but I do feel sorry for you as well. If you think you are someone who can answer most of the questions, you should act more maturely when you see someone who is not as familiar as senior members with this site, and makes mistakes.
And a short msge for jdspencer, simply thank you

I just read what you have said (digiblur). First of all, I do apologize for not doing my homework, and posted my question in a wrong place, but I do feel sorry for you as well. If you think you are someone who can answer most of the questions, you should act more maturely when you see someone who is not as familiar as senior members with this site, and makes mistakes.
And a short msge for jdspencer, simply thank you

Thank you for feeling sorry for me. :heart

I also feel sorry for you in return since you can not read.

That was just wrong digiblur, flamming is for "The Pit".

That was just wrong digiblur, flamming is for "The Pit".

I was just pointing the guy to the post with all the forums so he could get his problem seen by the D* pro's. Then all of you start jumping me about being rude and immature. Jeeezzz....

I wasn't aware that this forum has gone the other way......

180px-RainbowFlagCastroSF2005.jpg

Verify that your receiver is set for OVAL or 3 LNB operation.
Make sure your exterior connections are clean and dry. Look at the connectors. Is there any corrosion in the fittings?

Yes, it is set for Oval 3 LNBs, and I have checked the dish and found not corrosion in the fittings. I also have done these steps to find the problem, 1- I have changed the entire cables for both Tuners
2- There was a third reciver connected to the dish, that it is discounected.
3- Swithced the cabels on each Tuner.
4- Purchased a multi-switch 5X8 from Best Buy (Kind of expensive), to see if the multi-switch is not functioning properly.
And most importantly, I get signals on all three Sats above 90, but on Sat 110, it doesn't stay steady, it drops to zero and a second later is back to full power.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)