on c band 6 feet dish should i get polar mount or stationary

Status
Please reply by conversation.
polar mount allows you to move the dish across the arc with a GBox or an analog receiver

stationary YOU are the one to move the dish across the arc....literally. You adjust the elevation, azimuth and skew for each satellite

I have 2 stationary ones...one is fixed on 99W and the other I move across the arc by hand

IMO, Get the polar mount.
You will probably want to move your dish someday without leaving your comfortable chair.

polar, Polar, POLAR !

He sells motors 'n the Gbox v3000, so you can always add those later.
If you get the fixed dish now, you remove your options.

Oh, I assume this is for C-band only. Think: C2 :cool:
Ask around and make sure a six footer will get your birds.
That way, there won't be any disappointments later.

Sounds like a plan! - :up

i whant c ku im mostly whant 116 but there is a cuple of sats that my wife whants she watches univision and telemundo also is there anay kids stuff on c band

but then again the stuff from ku that i want is on c band so you think im better off with just c band

i whant c ku im mostly whant 116 but there is a cuple of sats that my wife whants she watches univision and telemundo also is there anay kids stuff on c band

A 6 foot dish is a little small for the C band but you may be able to get by with it.

At present, Univision Is on C band, and Telemundo plus some Azteca channels are on the KU band. You need to be able to get both bands on your dish. These channels are not on the same satellites so it would be a good idea to have your dish move automatically without somebody having to go outside and turn it.

Some C band channels should be available for the kids in Spanish. English programs are available for the kids on the KU band PBS channels.

i have a 90cm dish with motor im in process of aiming for ku also looking at an 8 foot dish im on a budget

what c band lnb should i get

what c band lnb should i get

my recivers are capiv works ultima
sv 4000 and sv 360 elite

Are you looking for an lnb or lnbf. I assume your looking for lnbf, the next ? do you want c-band and ku-band or just c-band.

what ever is the better way im new to this c band is what im talking about getting a 6 footer

opinion:
Oh, I assume this is for C-band only. Think: C2 :cool:

man who should know:
Personally, I have had very good minibud results with the C2 and found that it out performs the C1. I have never experienced acceptable results with the CK1. I have played with the competitor's combined C / KU LNBFs and found similar results. The scaler choice and placement is highly critical.
Please read all Brian's comments in this thread:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/c-band-satellite-discussion/201889-best-lnbf-micro-bud.html

I would suggest any combo lnb. The DMS741 and Geosat C1 models get good scores.
My BSC621 works fine.

I am having a problem with the v-box 5 and CW-600P receiver. The remote tries to program both the v-box and the receiver. For that reason, I had to resort to using my Buzz regular and Fortec ultra instead.

I guess you'll just have to "take the plunge". Between the three receivers I'm sure you'll find one which will work fine.

Happy satellite hunting!!!

in you guys opinion what's the best LNB for C band under 50 bucks?
I bought a DMX 211 the other day, but my ANCIENT LNB gets better reception on the weak channels (and it's at least 15 years old) I don't even know what brand it is cause the tag info is long gone.

the dmx one

DMX211-2%20copy.gif

my old old LNB

zv3ogp.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)