On Demand Channels

dsurette

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 20, 2007
Ooltewah, TN
I always get the "No Titles Found" message on all of the On Demand channels. Using the Dish On Demand button on the remote results on the loading bar staying on for a few minutes until the regular programming comes back on. Broadband network connection shows OK and resetting my router and wireless access point was no help. I especially would like to get History on Demand working. I talked to Dish service and they said it was a known issue for the last 13 days and they are working on it. My problem has been going on for a lot longer than 13 days. This is a Hopper with 3 Joeys. Any ideas? Thanks

I'm guessing you have Abe EA system. At the hopper, can you check the signal strength on both 61.5 and 72.7??

You said "router and wireless access point". Two different units? If so, make sure that they aren't both doing network address translation.

The WAP will be for the wireless Joey and should not provide any internet connectivity. Really the hopper and the WJ should be the only things seeing it

I do not have wireless Joeys. They all have coaxes going to them. Just to make sure that we're on the same page, I disconnected both the router and the WAP and the Joeys are still operating. Bridging status is OK. When I go to Test Connection I get "Broadband Connection OK. Downloading at 9.289 Mbps". I know that the connections are OK because I am listening to Pandora right now. But I still cannot get History on Demand, Nat Geo on Demand or anything else on demand. Maybe my demands are not forceful enough.

I always get the "No Titles Found" message on all of the On Demand channels. Using the Dish On Demand button on the remote results on the loading bar staying on for a few minutes until the regular programming comes back on. Broadband network connection shows OK and resetting my router and wireless access point was no help. I especially would like to get History on Demand working. I talked to Dish service and they said it was a known issue for the last 13 days and they are working on it. My problem has been going on for a lot longer than 13 days. This is a Hopper with 3 Joeys. Any ideas? Thanks
I also get the "No Titles Found" message when I try to access Video On Demand, but I have a ViP722k with no internet connected. There always used to be at least a few free TV shows available by pressing the DVR button, selecting "All TV Shows," then selecting "Most Popular." Is Dish no longer doing satellite-delivered VOD (other than PPV movies), or is something wrong with my receiver?

I also get the "No Titles Found" message when I try to access Video On Demand, but I have a ViP722k with no internet connected. There always used to be at least a few free TV shows available by pressing the DVR button, selecting "All TV Shows," then selecting "Most Popular." Is Dish no longer doing satellite-delivered VOD (other than PPV movies), or is something wrong with my receiver?
I was never aware of any sat provided VOD other than movies. You need internet.

I never had internet connected to my receiver. (I do not have internet at home. I use a computer at the library to post here.) Until some time earlier this year, I was always able to access VOD by following the steps I listed above. It did not work perfectly; I would often have to reboot the receiver to get the list of titles to show up, but they were still there. Lately, there have been no titles available. By the way, older DVRs that are not capable of being connected to the internet also had this feature. I still have a deactivated 512, but the last time I looked under "TV Entertainment," the only titles listed were one-minute long promotional videos for Showtime. The ViP722k also used to have those Showtime videos, but now they are no longer listed.

I am not talking about the movies. I am referring to the TV shows that were available through the DVR menu options.
Ok. Those can only come via Internet. The cache of them comes from satellite, so they can load your DVR, but the actual downloading of them is from the Internet.

I'm just throwing this out there as a shot in the dark since you said your Joeys are wired.

Do you have a Hopper Internet Connecter (HIC) in between your joeys and Hopper to deliver internet to your Joeys ? (It would be another small box connected to a joey via coax) If you had your Hopper connected during 2012/early 2013 there is probably a good chance you have one of these in your configuration. The purpose of it was to send internet through the coax to all your devices (Hopper and 3 Joeys) If the HIC failed, ethernet came unplugged, HIC came unplugged then that would cause you to lose internet and access to VOD.

Also the HIC is not really needed anymore. I removed mine about six months ago after I enabled bridging on my Hopper. I also noticed a nice speed increase to my VOD downloads. Also I'm positive that you have but have you pressed record to try to reconnect to the server while on the VOD screen with "No Titles" showing?

They used to deliver a handful of new or cable TV shows on VOD to my 625 via the satellites back in the day circa 2008. I know the receiver wasn't downloading them from the internet because the 625 only had a dial up modem to call home.

Last edited:
Ok. Those can only come via Internet. The cache of them comes from satellite, so they can load your DVR, but the actual downloading of them is from the Internet.
Then how was I getting them on my 512, which is not even capable of connecting to the internet?

They used to deliver a handful of new or cable TV shows on VOD to my 625 via the satellites back in the day circa 2008. I know the receiver wasn't downloading them from the internet because the 625 only had a dial up modem to call home.
Yes, this is what I am talking about. I had been receiving those shows on either a 512 or a ViP722k since 2011, when I first upgraded from a 501. Now, it seems like the satellite-delivered VOD shows are missing, or limited to short promotional videos. Can anybody confirm if Dish is still providing VOD TV shows by satellite, or are they phasing that out?

In order to do it on the SD machines it requires you still connect to phone line. Even then, there were multiple problems. That said, if you have noticed, the last 3-4 years there have been only the channel 501-1. There is a good reason for that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)