On Demand Channels

Can anybody confirm if Dish is still providing VOD TV shows by satellite, or are they phasing that out?
I'd think it would be safe to say, "No" and "Yes", in that order. It would not make much sense to not let the internet do all the heavy lifting.

In order to do it on the SD machines it requires you still connect to phone line. Even then, there were multiple problems. That said, if you have noticed, the last 3-4 years there have been only the channel 501-1. There is a good reason for that.
The last 3-4 years is exactly when I had been watching satellite-delivered VOD TV shows, even without a phone line connected, by selecting the menu options I listed above. (Press the DVR button, then select "TV Entertainment" on a 512, or select "All TV Shows" then "Most Popular" on a ViP722k.) It was not until this year that I noticed that there were fewer and fewer shows available this way.

I'd think it would be safe to say, "No" and "Yes", in that order. It would not make much sense to not let the internet do all the heavy lifting.
I am not suggesting that every VOD show should be delivered by satellite. The internet has always done the "heavy lifting," since the vast majority of VOD content is delivered that way. However, since I started getting VOD by satellite, there had always been around a dozen TV shows available at a time, until recently. I am just asking if the recent lack of satellite-delivered VOD TV shows actually reflects a policy change by Dish in this regard, or if there is something wrong with my receiver that is preventing me from accessing any satellite-delivered VOD that may still be available.

I am just asking if the recent lack of satellite-delivered VOD TV shows actually reflects a policy change by Dish in this regard, or if there is something wrong with my receiver that is preventing me from accessing any satellite-delivered VOD that may still be available.
Again, I would be inclined to guess that is IS a policy change and that there is nothing wrong with your receiver.

Again, I would be inclined to guess that is IS a policy change or whatever you want to call it, and that there is nothing wrong with your receiver.
I was guessing the same thing, but it would be nice if a DIRT member would chime in with something more official, one way or the other.

Update: I got impatient waiting for a reply from Mike H. so I also started a conversation with Zach S. The conclusion I reached from both conversations is that recent software upgrades have taken away the ability to watch free satellite-delivered VOD TV shows from the ViP722k. Zach S. offered me a free PPV certificate, and Mike H. offered me $5 off per month for three months to make up for this inconvenience. I hope this helps anybody else who is having the same issue with their receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts