On Demand faulty Internet connection display

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skottey

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2007
Denver Metro, CO
This has become pretty annoying. Both my HD-DVR 21 boxes are hooked to the Internet and I have been downloading some HD stuff lately from Showtime ON Demand. Periodically, I get an error message on the screen saying "there is a problem connecting to the Internet," asking if I would like to "test now" or "ignore and try later." If I test the connection, it is fine as expected. If I ignore, it keeps downloading the program.

My Internet connection is fine. I am a computer person by trade and I can ping minus t a website such as google.com for hours with no "request timed out" and everything else works fine. I have a static IP with a 20/2 connection. Speedtests run pretty close to 20/2 at most times and I am almost never down. This is just really annoying. My Internet connection is obviously fine, but how can I turn off this stupid message that keeps popping up, adding a damper to my viewing pleasure?

How exactly are the DVRs connected to your network and what router setup are you using?

The first one is connected this way- Cable Modem->Dlink DIR-655-> HD DVR

Is there a way to turn the notification off? The programs are downloading fine whether I ignore that message and let it go away or select "ignore and try again later"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)