On-Demand Freezing and pixelation - DIRT please help

Same issue for me. Happens on vod, DVR and live TV. Been happening for months but it's more frequent over the last several weeks. 60mb internet streams Netflix and others just fine.

Members,

This is an issue we’re trying to gather as much feedback as possible to get resolved. Wil the members PM me with the following to get this report started;

Receiver # -

Smart Card # -

Software Version –

Hardware ID –

Is this happening on all VOD’s when watching? Are you trying to watch them once they are ordered or are you waiting until a later time? Can you provide me the titles/shows you have had the issue with?

Reactions: Troch77
Yup, I got that problem

I've been in a conversation with a guy from DiRT, I will ask him anything that could help you and I will ask him to view the thread. Also, try looking at your bandwidth.
I have 60 Mbps.
Hopper is testing at 57 mbps.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Members,

This is an issue we’re trying to gather as much feedback as possible to get resolved. Wil the members PM me with the following to get this report started;

Receiver # -

Smart Card # -

Software Version –

Hardware ID –

Is this happening on all VOD’s when watching? Are you trying to watch them once they are ordered or are you waiting until a later time? Can you provide me the titles/shows you have had the issue with?
PM sent.
As far as Titles it's every VOD I tried to download in the past 2 weeks.
Doesn't matter what movie or what source.

Netflix works just fine and as Normal.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Same issue for me. Happens on vod, DVR and live TV. Been happening for months but it's more frequent over the last several weeks. 60mb internet streams Netflix and others just fine.
If it's happening on live tv, I would say you have a completely different issue.
Like LOS or bad hardware.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

PM sent.

Just like the other members have stated, this is a VOD issue only - Netflix works just fine up to 1080 and plenty of banwidth over our DSL - never had an issue until just a few weeks ago.

Whether we watch during download or later makes no difference - same issues. Try any title - same for all - last few were 12 Monkeys TV episodes, Star Trek II via Epix - but honestly every single VOD title over the last few weeks is a glitch.

Mike, thanks for chiming in and it would be great if Dish could provide feedback on any progress.

Reactions: Troch77
Happens on both our hopper 2s and joey. Only vod. Not all the time. My son downloaded 8 episodes of some show called fameless. Happened on 2 of the 8 episodes. Deleted those 2 episodes and downloaded again. Worked fine. Over 75mbps

It's good downloading again fixes it for some, but there's still an issue that needs addressed. It shouldn't be a crap shoot or a roll of a dice if you get to watch content reliably.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

It's good downloading again fixes it for some, but there's still an issue that needs addressed. It shouldn't be a crap shoot or a roll of a dice if you get to watch content reliably.

Problem is , the only way to stop the download before it finished is to reboot the receiver.
And who wants to do that for every download?

I don't...

I want it to work the way it did 3 weeks ago.
Dish had excellent reliable VOD service.
So hopefully it comes back real soon.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I tried a couple things and haven't came across the issue again so far.

If you only experience this with VOD you are fortunate - we've had freezing/pixelation problems on all channels for quite some time now. I'm not sure, but I think it's only on recordings (we rarely watch "live" TV so it's hard to be certain).

I am getting much more pixilation since going to the Hopper 3. The LNB was changed and I suspect that.

I tried a couple things and haven't came across the issue again so far.

Agree, except now the Downloads are only streaming at less than 2 mbps.

I guess I'll reboot everything again , and hope for the best.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Sure looks like Dish fixed this - credit where credit is due . . . of course, one could say it shouldn't have broken in the first place but its nice when they get stuff fixed . . .

My streaming is now around 6 Mbps for what its worth - plenty fast enough to watch on the fly.

Yep still doing it. I just downloaded a movie thru Starz on demand and the picture will freeze every 5 mins or so and pixelate. Then finally resume after about 10 seconds. Download speed seems the same ~ 60mb.
I left my H3 unplugged overnight and that seems to have fixed the freezing playback from dvr and live.
Now if only I could get my Hopper to see my ota tuner...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)