This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

On Demand question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

comcastsucks

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
I have a Linksys WPN824v2 wireless router. Can I use this wireless router with powerline adapters, or do I have to use a non-wireless router? I don't want to go with the wireless solution as I can forsee too many problems with setup and speed,

Also, are the kits DirecTv sells any good, or can I do better (faster, etc) with something I buy elsewhere? Any recommendations on a good brand/model to use with my router?

The powerline ones directv sells work fine for VOD. They might not work very well for multi room viewing. Depends a lot on how well they work in your home.

The "85Mb/s" should be taken with a grain of salt. You'd get something near that speed if both units were plugged into the same outlet and you sent data using a protocol that the directv boxes dont use.

Realistically, you'll get somewhere between 10-15 and 20-30Mb/s of throughput, and it may or may not be variable/inconsistent based on interference and other issues.

Status
Please reply by conversation.