Status
Please reply by conversation.

NYRANGERS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 9, 2005
Manahawkin, NJ
Hey All,

Im trying to hook my new HDDVR to my wireless network with a Linksys Wireless Gaming Adapter WGA54G and trying to connect it to my WiFi network that is my Verizon Modem/Wireless Router.

I connect everything and I do not get the message that it detected an adapter. I tryed resetting the adapter trying the setup for wireless through the menu and it doesnt connect. get an error.

Do I need to set the adapter up before I connect it to the reciever? Do I need to do anything with the reciever?

Thanks,

Thanks for the help. I tried setting the adapter up and go to the page set it up connected it with the security settings. Clicked Apply to save the changes and it would always hang up there on me. So I tried multiple times and couldn't get it to apply the changes.

Am I doing anything wrong?

The only adapter supported for setup via the DVR menu is the WGA600N. Any other models must be setup via your computer prior to hooking them up to the DVR.

???

I am using a Buffalo Wireless adaptor and it works fine, slow, but fine.
I set it up and went thru the rec. set up and it found it right away.:)

Jimbo

???

I am using a Buffalo Wireless adaptor and it works fine, slow, but fine.
I set it up and went thru the rec. set up and it found it right away.:)

Jimbo

The difference is that with the WGA600N, you can set the encryption key via the DVR's setup screen. If you have the SSID set to not broadcast, you need to turn it on first (you can later turn it off again).

You can set up a DVR to use any adapter if the adapter is first set up for the SSID and key.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)