Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity

greggor48

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
For those who lost 3ABN on Skyangel. You Can Help!

Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity

3ABN has what might be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to reach approximately 30,000,000 souls with the Gospel by getting Dish Network to add us to their channel lineup. But we can’t do it without your help. We need you to enlist the help of your Church as well as friends, family and the local community in a letter writing campaign requesting Dish Network to carry 3ABN on their basic package. You may address your letters and postcards to:

Mr. Eric Sahl
Senior VP Programming
Dish Network
9601 S. Meridian
Englewood, CO 80112

Thank you for your help in this tremendous evangelistic opportunity!!

doesnt getting it added to Dish Network defeat the purpose of Sky Angel and their motto? (family programming)

I don't know if Dish can add it due to the agreement between Sky Angel & Dish. Remember Daystar was pulled from Dish a while back. Its now back but at one point the only people who could see Daystar had to have a local affiliate or get Sky Angel.

but Dish added Daystar since then for everybody and not just the areas that had a local affiliate

From what I understand, the main problem is not that Dish Network can't add any Christian channels. Dish just needs Sky Angel to approve it. Since SA* no longer has the space to offer 3ABN a full time slot, perhaps they agreed to give the "okay" for 3ABN to apply as a Public Interest channel on Dish?

I also speculate that SA* may have also given a similar "okay" for Daystar, because I can't see how Daystar could have been added back without SA* OK. (even though I suspect Dish isn't counting it as a federal Public Interest channel this time)

I heard Danny Shelton, president of 3ABN, speak at a local church a few weeks ago. He said he that SkyAngel had signed an agreement with 3ABN allowing them to be on Dish Network and signed an agreement with Dish Network allowing them to carry 3ABN. That does not mean Dish Network will carry 3ABN, only that they have the legal option to do so.

Yes that's true. SkyAngel release 3ABN and now Dish Network can carry 3ABN if they wish. I believe with the number of Adventist that have Dish Network they can write and request that they carry it.

On the other hand, there is a large percentage of people who will take Dish Network if 3ABN is added to their basic package. That mean more revenue for Dish Network. I think that 3ABN was a great lost to Sky Angel

On the other hand, there is a large percentage of people who will take Dish Network if 3ABN is added to their basic package. That mean more revenue for Dish Network. I think that 3ABN was a great lost to Sky Angel

I don’t understand why these people would want to pay $30 a month minimum (that’s IF it goes into AT60) for their one channel when they can get it for free for a one time fee of $200 (or less)

Also, then you’ll have people complaining that there’s too much “bad stuff” on the other channels.

Dish Family Pack is $20 which is not too far off from Sky Angel packages. It have some of the same channels and is more family oriented.

Well, I am happy getting 3ABN with the FTA dish but I think I will buy a motor for it within a couple of months. I like Sky Angel but I miss Spirit Television.

Iceberg said:
I don’t understand why these people would want to pay $30 a month minimum (that’s IF it goes into AT60) for their one channel when they can get it for free for a one time fee of $200 (or less)

Also, then you’ll have people complaining that there’s too much “bad stuff” on the other channels.

Perhaps the appeal of having 3ABN on dish network is exposing the message to all the other dish subscribers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts