Once you hear HD)) AM Or FM You will never go back to normal AM/FM

Hey folks,
RadioShack is now carring the JVC Piggyback unit. Cat #12-440 for only $149.99. I installed it to a Blazer. It sounds great. There is even a home kit for it. Cool Eh?

Norman

We have no HD3's up here, but I think the signals are just on the border to receive them. And I only live 15 miles from downtown Boston

Not true. WGBH-HD3 carries their Cape and Islands station (WCAI).

Do any of you fine folks know of a web site to make you own long distance FM antenna?
I mean LOOONNNGGGG distance.
Norman

HD Radio does sound good, but its unfortunate that the HD signal is so low powered, it sucks driving around having the HD sound cut in and out as your driving down the road.

HD Radio does sound good, but its unfortunate that the HD signal is so low powered, it sucks driving around having the HD sound cut in and out as your driving down the road.

I normally don't have that problem. I actually like that our local sports radio station is now being broadcast on a FM sub channel. I can get twice the distance from home listening to it prior to it dropping out now.

I have both HD and Sirius Satellite radio in my car hooked up to a JVC-NX7000. And surprisingly enough I listen to the HD side more than I do Sirius...

I hafta admit, the sound quality on HD radio is truely outstanding and blows away Sirius, as the sound quality on Sirius often sounds tinny and monoish at times...

I do agree with Scott tho that the signal on HD radio can be very low at times, as I wouldn't even drive 30+ miles out of the city without losing some of the stations..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)