Once you hear HD)) AM Or FM You will never go back to normal AM/FM

Actually, the Congress approved the 5th FCC Commissioner late Friday in a rash of approvals for most nominees from Bush that had been held up.

This give the FCC Chairman the 3 votes he needs and Night time AM Digital approval will be one of the first order of business this month.

Like it or not, learn to use the internet to DX because the skywave for AM will be toast when approved and its happening very shortly.

norman said:
Here-Here!!!!

That is one reason I am trying to get into LPFM & LPAM. Yes LPAM. Radio was meant to be local with a few power houses covering the larger midwest. I think that with the LPFM's and SOON LPAM's you will see folks dropping the big boys and going to smaller LPFM's & LPAM's. And don't forget our stations to the far left of the dial. IE-public radio.

Norman KB4TXT

Amen to that. The FCC has bowed to the big corps. All the true local stations (not many left of em) who actually WORK to inform you were screwed long ago. We need the uprise back in local radio!

norman said:
Folks Calm Down!!

Weither you like it or not, FM/AM HD)) sounds great! With or without the talking heads. I live near Charlotte NC. WDAV & WFAE both are HD)). I have heard them both.

THEY SOUND UNGODLY IN HD)) !!!

You can hear every little sound that's on the CD. Or every little sound on the down load from NPR & PRI.

Talk radio sound's great allso.

So quit the mud slinging & enjoy the HD)) Radio !

Norman
KB4TXT

In my opinion it is not even close to CD quality. It is very compressed, sounding like a 96k or lower MP3.

DJ Rob said:
In my opinion it is not even close to CD quality. It is very compressed, sounding like a 96k or lower MP3.

Never claimed to sound like CD.

It clearly sounds better than a 192k mp3 which is what I would peg XM and Sirius at.

If it doesn't, you have a crappy setup or an earwax buildup.

DJ Rob said:

Have you reard HD)) Radio on a good system?
By far it out sounds MP3.

HANDS DOWN.

And another thing folks.
Radio Stations are in the business to make money.
Even our beloved public radio stations make money. So if they want better thier systems to serve the LOCAL community with better sound, WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT!

Local people support local merchant's that use local stations. Not a DX'er in Utah listening to WABC in NY.

The word here is LOCAL.

Norman
KB4TXT

sleepybear said:
Amen to that. The FCC has bowed to the big corps. All the true local stations (not many left of em) who actually WORK to inform you were screwed long ago. We need the uprise back in local radio!

Brother Or Sister,

The revolution HAS started. It's called LPFM and soon LPAM!

Norman
KB4TXT

norman said:
Brother Or Sister, The revolution HAS started. It's called LPFM and soon LPAM! Norman KB4TXT

Isn't that ONLY 3 - 4 mile range and only allowed for non-profit orgs? How is that future? Educate us please.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Never claimed to sound like CD.

It clearly sounds better than a 192k mp3 which is what I would peg XM and Sirius at.

If it doesn't, you have a crappy setup or an earwax buildup.

I totally disagree with you. The specs of the system just can't deliver what you are saying...But what do I know though? I only work in radio...

As for your LPFM and LPAM statement, that whole thing is a bust. No Low Power radio slots are available unless you want to have a station in the middle of nowhere. Then if there is a slot open, the costs involved just to research the info needed for the application (engineering costs, etc.) make it cost prohibitive. And we haven't gotten to the costs for equipment, etc.

Big corporations like Clear Channel own the terrestrial radio airwaves and it is all about the mighty $$$...that's why most stations aren't local or even live anymore.
Most listeners don't care. It's a shame. Even in a market like Denver where I work, only one or two of the top 20 rated stations are live. The others have their DJs record their breaks onto computers to be played back later.

DJ Rob said:
I totally disagree with you. The specs of the system just can't deliver what you are saying...But what do I know though? I only work in radio...

Whoop de do.....

I will happy put my accomplishments in Broadcasting against yours if this is a whose d.... is bigger contest.

And since Quincy Jones and I have had long conversations about the mixing of his recordings over the years and he states I have the best ears of virtually anyone he has met when it comes to hearing what he has tried to put together over the years, I have no problem believing that I hear what needs to be heard.

Also, despite A&M having a heartattack at the time, I was on Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis about an issue with the Janet Jackson mixes 15 years ago. They told A&M I was correct, but the only person who had heard and pointed out the issues since they got the re-mixes back.

And finally, Frank Foti of Omina and Gregg at Orban both know who I am (all too well) and have come to me for years for subjective hearing on their boxes for 20 years.

As what you have in your station in these 2 boxes is a result of my conversations with them, still want to play this game?

If you cannot hear the equivilant bitrates of the codecs and transmisison standards stated, either 1) You are going through the typical male hearing loss or 2) you have blown your ears out with headphones.

Either way, its only going to get worse and I would suggest to you as I do with most PDs and Engineers that adjust audio processing - get your ears checked once a year to see exactly what loss and realize that going in before making any all knowing/all hearing statements.

And quite frankly, even if you are in broadcasting, your assine statements like Clear Channel owns all the Frequencies (yes, they own around 1,100 stations out of 12,000 - or less than 10% and they are the biggest) or that only 1 or 2 stations have live personalities in Denver, you are clearly out of the loop when it comes to reality.

Last edited:
Okay, I'll play. I now run a radio station and have been in the radio biz on and off for 20+ years. I've been on the air at one time or another at 3 out of the 5 top billing radio stations in the US. So what?

Facts are facts...All you have to do is look at the spec sheets for ibiquity's 'HD' system. It IS compressed and there ARE audio artifacts. It isn't CD quality as these stations state on their web sites. Or on ibiquity's site. The bandwidth is not there for them to support 2 digital feeds on one frequency and state it is CD quality.

I can hear the difference. Others stated in this thread they can hear the difference between HD radio and a CD. I don't understand why you are telling me that my hearing is going bad when I can clearly hear the artifacts in the compressed audio that is ibiquity's 'HD'. If my hearing was bad, wouldn't I not be able to tell a difference between the two?

I can also hear artifacts with both of the satellite radio providers. I wouldn't say that any of them (sat and ter HD radio) are at the 192k MP3 level.

As for you saying that I said that Clear Channel owns all of the frequencies, please do not make statements I did not say. I said "Big corporations like Clear Channel". That includes CBS/Infinity, Entercom, Emmis and others, these corporations own the majority of stations out there. That is a fact.

And most stations are automated and voicetracked. I've been in most of the stations here in Denver and except for the talk stations when they have local talent, the stations are automated with breaks that are recorded on computer by DJs hours or even days earlier. I've been in most of the stations in this town in the last month, it is reality. I'm also friends with a DJ that voicetracks 20 stations across the country from here every day.

Here's the automation equipment that Clear Channel uses in most of their stations: http://www.prophetsys.com/
They even own that company too.

As for LP stations, these station corporations will try to protect their revenue by doing whatever it takes to limit competition. When the FCC was taking apps for LPFM's and LPAM's, the big station owners whined about how these low power stations would cause interference to their already licensed full power stations. So the FCC requires surveys and field tests that can cost six figures or more just to apply for one of these low power stations that have a few mile radius. It makes trying to get a LP station a financially stupid decision. Plus there are little to no slots even available to apply for in most metropolitan areas.

DJ Rob said:
As for LP stations, these station corporations will try to protect their revenue by doing whatever it takes to limit competition. When the FCC was taking apps for LPFM's and LPAM's, the big station owners whined about how these low power stations would cause interference to their already licensed full power stations. So the FCC requires surveys and field tests that can cost six figures or more just to apply for one of these low power stations that have a few mile radius. It makes trying to get a LP station a financially stupid decision. Plus there are little to no slots even available to apply for in most metropolitan areas.

Well so what?

HD)) FM/AM Still sounds great!!!

I would like to see soon a portable unit.

Norman
KB4TXT

Where can you buy receivers for HD now? How are they defined?(shown on pkg.) Are there home units available, portables, car, walkman etc. ? Any product reviews out there yet?

DJ Rob said:
Okay, I'll play. I now run a radio station and have been in the radio biz on and off for 20+ years. I've been on the air at one time or another at 3 out of the 5 top billing radio stations in the US. So what?

So again you are a BSer.

Considering the Top 5 and their varied formats, BS.

If you are such a genius, why not list the top 10 billing stations in the USA?

And if you are running a Denver station (laughable, but I have to say it) why not give us the Miller Kaplans for the top 5 stations through April?

Then again, if you really did run a station and they are all voicetracked THEN YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. You can't have it both ways.

DJ Rob said:
Facts are facts...All you have to do is look at the spec sheets for ibiquity's 'HD' system. It IS compressed and there ARE audio artifacts. It isn't CD quality as these stations state on their web sites. Or on ibiquity's site. The bandwidth is not there for them to support 2 digital feeds on one frequency and state it is CD quality.

You are right Facts are facts....how about start using some.

No one said they weren't compressed. The level of compression is the question and you think they sound worse than 96kps mp3.

Suggestion - Ear Wax remover and Q-Tips. I'd love to hear your stellar sounding audio chain in Denver as "you run it", LOL.

DJ Rob said:
I can hear the difference. Others stated in this thread they can hear the difference between HD radio and a CD. I don't understand why you are telling me that my hearing is going bad when I can clearly hear the artifacts in the compressed audio that is ibiquity's 'HD'. If my hearing was bad, wouldn't I not be able to tell a difference between the two?

There you go again....I can tell the difference in CD and DAT....and quite frankly I have been able to identify the make of CD players the station was using on the air after listening for 30 seconds.

Again, I'll say it...your hearing isnt for sh.. if you cannot tell the difference.

DJ Rob said:
I can also hear artifacts with both of the satellite radio providers. I wouldn't say that any of them (sat and ter HD radio) are at the 192k MP3 level.

Then get the crap out of your ears or get your hearing checked. Satellite is equivalant to 192k MP3 and HD Radio is superior to that.

DJ Rob said:
As for you saying that I said that Clear Channel owns all of the frequencies, please do not make statements I did not say. I said "Big corporations like Clear Channel". That includes CBS/Infinity, Entercom, Emmis and others, these corporations own the majority of stations out there. That is a fact.

Your facts as laughable. So much for facts are facts.

Clear Channel owns slightly over 1,100 stations. Then CBS, Entercom and Emmis all own less than another 900 TOTAL....so less than 2,000 stations out of 12,000 nationwide owned by people you name. AND EMMIS OWNS 24 STATIONS - THATS 24 - AS IN 2 DOZEN. Add in Cox, Radio One, Cumulus, Citadel (including the ABC stations) and SBS, you are barely scratching 3,000.....or less than 25% of the stations in the country.

Come on....if you are so l33t in broadcasting, at least have an ounce of credibiilty somewhere.

Again, research shows that major corporations own LESS than 33% of the stations out there. Between those listed, you have not even scratched 20% and the numbers fall of dramatically from there.

DJ Rob said:
And most stations are automated and voicetracked. I've been in most of the stations here in Denver and except for the talk stations when they have local talent, the stations are automated with breaks that are recorded on computer by DJs hours or even days earlier. I've been in most of the stations in this town in the last month, it is reality. I'm also friends with a DJ that voicetracks 20 stations across the country from here every day.

Come on....at least be consistent in a single post. First you run the station in Denver. Now you visit the station.

Last post you say all but 2 are voicetracked. Now you say "except the talk stations" Blah blah blah.

I'll be happy to tell the people over at the Country KYGO and KBKS they really don't exist. Tell the people at KBCO they aren't really there. Gosh, i've just named 3 off the top of my head with live air talent and none are talk.

I am sure I could name many more if I really wanted to show how far wrong you are.

DJ Rob said:
Here's the automation equipment that Clear Channel uses in most of their stations: http://www.prophetsys.com/
They even own that company too.

Golly gee Jethro anyone in Broadcast School knows that....so what?

You want to prove your stuff....list the Denver stations and the which system they are on for on air and traffic - as well as the main processing each station uses and then maybe you'll have an ounce of credibility.

Come to think of it, add in what equipment supplier each is using for HD radio.

Let's see you step up to the plate - some simple things that any decent manager running a station in Denver would know if they had a clue.

DJ Rob said:
As for LP stations, these station corporations will try to protect their revenue by doing whatever it takes to limit competition. When the FCC was taking apps for LPFM's and LPAM's, the big station owners whined about how these low power stations would cause interference to their already licensed full power stations. So the FCC requires surveys and field tests that can cost six figures or more just to apply for one of these low power stations that have a few mile radius. It makes trying to get a LP station a financially stupid decision. Plus there are little to no slots even available to apply for in most metropolitan areas

Not true. If you go by second adjacent, there were slots even in the largest of markets.

However, yes, THAT IS GOING TO CAUSE INTERFERENCE.

I have been involved with compute runs for moving multiple transmitters in multiple markets to move licenses around - and I have yet to ever hit a bill in six figures even for something as involved as that.

You are just totally out of touch with reality.

But again, yes it will cause interference so broadcasters should scream bloody murder.

And with IBOC, right now the HD1 signal is probably limited to the 70dbu signal (I guess you know what that is?).

The next time there is a natural disaster (such as a hurricane or earthquake) let's see how these LPFM really perform serving the public - that is if they really care about serving the public. I didn't hear reports of 1 LPFM or Pirate helping the public in New Orleans of Miami (the pirate radio capital) after Hurricanes hit last year.

Of course, I suspect you didn't see the study out today that 78% of the population is satisfied with Terrestial Radio.

So much for the unserved masses.

Your responses prove you do not run any station in Denver - nor been on the air at 3 of the top 5 billing stations in the USA.

You sound like the guy who spins tunes in the strip bar who cannot get a job in broadcasting though. Atleast your name fits.

EDIT: ROFLMAO....You should wish you were in a strip club spinning songs....you would have a bigger audience!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=2932995

So you have been on Howard Stern's show once that was on stations in LA and NY.....ROFLMAO!!!!!! Just like every stripper and pr0n wannabe in the USA.

Boy you are the expert!!!!!

This is too funny....too priceless. You don't even know what the Top 5 billing stations in the USA are....and being a guest on someone else's show isn't exactly that high profile you maintain.

No wonder you cant hear worth a crap.....listen to the crappy sound quality on the internet....what do you expect....this is too funny.

Thanks for giving me the biggest laugh of the month.

You are such the maven in the broadcast field.

Last edited:
If you would like to discuss the facts that would be great. But all of the personal attacks and lies about me are not necessary. Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean you have to attack me with insults, lies and purposely misquote me. Let's discuss the issue of this thread.

I will defend myself here one last time. But if you insult me personally or state one more lie about me, I can't be a part of this thread anymore. I will not take somebody who does not know me, disrepect me in such a mean spirited way as you have.

"So again you are a BSer.
Considering the Top 5 and their varied formats, BS."

At the time I had shifts there, KROQ, WXRK, KITS were among top billers in the US. I've been on other major market stations that were up pretty high. I have worked at 15+ stations. I've worked fulltime in rock, alternative, chr, and talk formats. You asked about my experience so I brought it up. No need to attack me for saying something when you asked me about it.

It really shouldn't matter what you've done in radio to be able to have an opinion about the sound quality of HD radio.

"You want to prove your stuff....list the Denver stations and the which system they are on for on air and traffic - as well as the main processing each station uses and then maybe you'll have an ounce of credibility."

Okay here's all 45 station's setups...LOL
You know I cannot answer that. I would doubt any of the engineers in any market knew what every other station runs unless it was in their own building.

"No one said they weren't compressed. The level of compression is the question and you think they sound worse than 96kps mp3."

In my opinion they do sound worse. I'm going by what Clear Channel and CBS/Infinity are serving up here in Denver Colorado. I'm also going by the specs of the system itself. They can't be CD quality as stated on ibiquity's site if they have more than one digital feed. The max they can do is a 96k feed and a 48k feed so their spec sheet says.

"Then get the crap out of your ears or get your hearing checked. Satellite is equivalant to 192k MP3 and HD Radio is superior to that."

In my opinion, satellite radio does not sound as good as 192k Mp3. It's a fact that a some of the channels on satellite radio are streamed as low as 96k. That's why if you listen to Sirius' music channels on Dish Network, they sound better than on a Sirius receiver because Dish streams them at 192k while Sirius' music channels are around 160k. Their talk channels are usually lower than that.

"Again, research shows that major corporations own LESS than 33% of the stations out there. Between those listed, you have not even scratched 20% and the numbers fall of dramatically from there."

Who's research? If you look at all of the stations in the Top 20 markets, a majority are corporation owned. The days of mom and pop radio owners are way gone. Throw the non-commercial stations out and the number goes up even more.

I haven't even gotten into the percentage of market share the corporate stations have. Here in Denver it is close to 100%.

"Come on....at least be consistent in a single post. First you run the station in Denver. Now you visit the station. Last post you say all but 2 are voicetracked. Now you say "except the talk stations" Blah blah blah. I'll be happy to tell the people over at the Country KYGO and KBKS they really don't exist. Tell the people at KBCO they aren't really there. Gosh, i've just named 3 off the top of my head with live air talent and none are talk. I am sure I could name many more if I really wanted to show how far wrong you are."

I said I run currently run one, and I also have been in most of the others either as a visitor or employee.

I'm not sure if you know what the definition of voicetracking is. It is when a station runs an airshift or airshifts using automation computer software. The DJ is still on the air doing breaks, but their breaks have been previously recorded into a computer. Of the 3 stations you mentioned, one isn't even in my state so I can't comment on that one. The other two, do run voicetracked shifts. It may not be all shifts since some stations have successful morning shows that are live. But the majority of the content you hear on music radio here is voicetracked. I've run into personalities that work at both of those stations you mentioned in person when their airshift was also on. They can't be at two places at once.

"So you have been on Howard Stern's show once that was on stations in LA and NY.....ROFLMAO!!!!!! Just like every stripper and pr0n wannabe in the USA.
This is too funny....too priceless. You don't even know what the Top 5 billing stations in the USA are....and being a guest on someone else's show isn't exactly that high profile you maintain."

Please do not put words in my mouth. Especially when you make statements about me that are total lies like above. As I said before, I've worked at numorous stations. So what though? It shouldn't matter if someone has or hasn't had radio experience to discuss radio. I think the more opinions the better. But leave the personal attacks at the door.

"I'd love to hear your stellar sounding audio chain in Denver as "you run it", LOL."

I use a Orban 8500 in my audio chain. So what? I wasn't talking about ME, I was talking about HD radio, the subject of this thread.

DJ Rob said:
If you would like to discuss the facts that would be great. But all of the personal attacks and lies about me are not necessary. Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean you have to attack me with insults, lies and purposely misquote me. Let's discuss the issue of this thread.

I will defend myself here one last time. But if you insult me personally or state one more lie about me, I can't be a part of this thread anymore. I will not take somebody who does not know me, disrepect me in such a mean spirited way as you have.

"So again you are a BSer.
Considering the Top 5 and their varied formats, BS."

At the time I had shifts there, KROQ, WXRK, KITS were among top billers in the US. I've been on other major market stations that were up pretty high. I have worked at 15+ stations. I've worked fulltime in rock, alternative, chr, and talk formats. You asked about my experience so I brought it up. No need to attack me for saying something when you asked me about it.

If the shoe fits....are you are BSer....lets see......

Talked to Gene Sandbloom and Kevin Weatherly today. Neither have ever heard of you. They have been personal friends and at KROQ for 15 years. And yes, I have known Kevin back to his days in San Diego and back to Arizona 20 years ago. The same for Gene when he worked at KIIS and his stint in the music Industry in between.

Also talked to Steve Kingston today who was at K-Rock for most of the last 12 years - outside of the last 2 years as they have moved to a talk format - another personal friend of him and his wife Patty of which I have stayed at their Montclair NJ home - he's never heard of you either. I have known him since his early days in radio in Annapolis. Hmmmm.....the BS deepens.

KITS HAS NEVER BEEN IN THE TOP 100 MONEY BILLERS IN AMERICA - AND CERTAINLY NOT IN THE TOP 5, LOL.

You are a BSer - that fact that you included KITS in as one of the top 5 billing stations in America shows you are clueless.

DJ Rob said:
It really shouldn't matter what you've done in radio to be able to have an opinion about the sound quality of HD radio.

Agreed...but clearly you are like 60% of the TV viewers today that think they have HDTV. Believe what you want - but the if you are wrong, believing you arent doesnt make you right. So if you are wrong....don't expect an easy pass.

DJ Rob said:
"You want to prove your stuff....list the Denver stations and the which system they are on for on air and traffic - as well as the main processing each station uses and then maybe you'll have an ounce of credibility."

Okay here's all 45 station's setups...LOL
You know I cannot answer that. I would doubt any of the engineers in any market knew what every other station runs unless it was in their own building.

You are right. I KNEW YOU COULD NOT ANSWER THAT. Actually, I know virtually every audio chain of every station in Denver and I didn't make the claims you did. Anyone with any knowlege of audio can tell 90% of the time - but anyone who is really motivated and a credit to his craft knows what the competition is doing. By your own admission, you don't.

It's actually very simple. Orban does not have the ability to use expansion as Omnia does. Thus it is very easy for anyone who "claims to have ears to judge audio quality" to quickly tell if a station is using an Omnia or an Optima. All one has to do is listen for the effects of audio expansion on the signal. But then again, you are the maven and end all when it comes to identifying audio. ROFLMAO...nope you are just the BSer.

DJ Rob said:
"No one said they weren't compressed. The level of compression is the question and you think they sound worse than 96kps mp3."

In my opinion they do sound worse. I'm going by what Clear Channel and CBS/Infinity are serving up here in Denver Colorado. I'm also going by the specs of the system itself. They can't be CD quality as stated on ibiquity's site if they have more than one digital feed. The max they can do is a 96k feed and a 48k feed so their spec sheet says.

Amazing. Just because Clear Channel and their infinite wisdom has a prophet system compressed at 16:1 before it hits the HD Radio codec, you think the problem is the HD Radio Codec. Guess what???? If I am talking on the phone and a station airs it....it doesnt matter if its CD Quality or something less - because it's going to sound like I am talking through a phone.

There you again. For 3rd time - no one ever said they were CD Quality. Is your eyesight as impaired as your hearing?

THEY SOUND BETTER THAN 192kbps mp3.

The best audio people in america heard samples of XM, Sirius, IBOC, 192k and 96k mp3 streams in the tests over the past 3 years. They weren't asked if it sounded CD - no one ever said it was - We know it doesn't. However, they put the samples of various music content in a ranked order of 1, 2 and 3. Then they were asked to judge the difference between 1 and 2 and 3. Nothing more, nothing less. These are people that produce Classic to Rock to Jazz to Movies and all points in between. In every situation, these critics had the same ranking.....

IBOC lead the field. 192k mp3 and XM came out midpack and Sirius only beat 96k mp3 streams.

That is all that was said....they don't sound like 96kbps mp3s as you stated.

DJ Rob said:
"Then get the crap out of your ears or get your hearing checked. Satellite is equivalant to 192k MP3 and HD Radio is superior to that."

In my opinion, satellite radio does not sound as good as 192k Mp3. It's a fact that a some of the channels on satellite radio are streamed as low as 96k. That's why if you listen to Sirius' music channels on Dish Network, they sound better than on a Sirius receiver because Dish streams them at 192k while Sirius' music channels are around 160k. Their talk channels are usually lower than that.

Wrong. It's because Dish uses a better audio format than Sirius. As stated repeatedly in these threads, Sirius won't pay to update their codec.

At least understand why the differences are there.

How can on expect to be taken seriously on audio when they don't know why things sound different.

DJ Rob said:
"Again, research shows that major corporations own LESS than 33% of the stations out there. Between those listed, you have not even scratched 20% and the numbers fall of dramatically from there."

Who's research? If you look at all of the stations in the Top 20 markets, a majority are corporation owned. The days of mom and pop radio owners are way gone. Throw the non-commercial stations out and the number goes up even more.

I haven't even gotten into the percentage of market share the corporate stations have. Here in Denver it is close to 100%.

Oh, now you have decided to revise the original post. We didnt see the "only in Denver" disclaimer in your original post.

Who's research? THE FCC DATABASE. The people that have the license. I am not going to use Drivers Licenses that came from Captain Crunch boxes when I talk about who many drivers are licensed.

You are really loosing credibility fast - not that you had any to begin with.

DJ Rob said:
"Come on....at least be consistent in a single post. First you run the station in Denver. Now you visit the station. Last post you say all but 2 are voicetracked. Now you say "except the talk stations" Blah blah blah. I'll be happy to tell the people over at the Country KYGO and KBKS they really don't exist. Tell the people at KBCO they aren't really there. Gosh, i've just named 3 off the top of my head with live air talent and none are talk. I am sure I could name many more if I really wanted to show how far wrong you are."

I said I run currently run one, and I also have been in most of the others either as a visitor or employee.

I'm not sure if you know what the definition of voicetracking is. It is when a station runs an airshift or airshifts using automation computer software. The DJ is still on the air doing breaks, but their breaks have been previously recorded into a computer. Of the 3 stations you mentioned, one isn't even in my state so I can't comment on that one. The other two, do run voicetracked shifts. It may not be all shifts since some stations have successful morning shows that are live. But the majority of the content you hear on music radio here is voicetracked. I've run into personalities that work at both of those stations you mentioned in person when their airshift was also on. They can't be at two places at once.
Kiss was a spellchecker change - the other Kiss (KQKS) in Denver is co-owned with KYGO and Lincoln Financial. Don Benson is president and doesnt use voice tracking on the former JP stations.

KBCO doesnt use voice tracking either.

Sounds like you are the one who is clueless about voice tracking.

DJ Rob said:
"So you have been on Howard Stern's show once that was on stations in LA and NY.....ROFLMAO!!!!!! Just like every stripper and pr0n wannabe in the USA.
This is too funny....too priceless. You don't even know what the Top 5 billing stations in the USA are....and being a guest on someone else's show isn't exactly that high profile you maintain."

Please do not put words in my mouth. Especially when you make statements about me that are total lies like above. As I said before, I've worked at numorous stations. So what though? It shouldn't matter if someone has or hasn't had radio experience to discuss radio. I think the more opinions the better. But leave the personal attacks at the door.

The MySpace.com website of yours shows you have been a guest on Stern shows and thus you have liberally expanded that to believe you have been on K Rock in NY and other major stations.

As stated, Kingston, Weatherly, and Sandbloom say DJ Rob has never worked for them - nor anyone who is running a station in the Denver market.

DJ Rob said:
"I'd love to hear your stellar sounding audio chain in Denver as "you run it", LOL."

I use a Orban 8500 in my audio chain. So what? I wasn't talking about ME, I was talking about HD radio, the subject of this thread.

Again, I doubt the overnight babysitter has the ability to adjust an Orban,

Last edited:
Have you ever heard of a DJ using an on-air name???:confused:

Man you just don't stop with the BS, do you?

You go off of Myspace for all of your information? WTF?
Why not ask me directly and act like an adult instead of making personal attacks on the internet against someone you do not know?

Again most of what you said is totally wrong but I'm done wasting time trying to defend myself or correcting you. I see you just want to start trouble. Especially if won't tell me who you really are or say what jobs you have had in radio management/ownership.

But you KNOW IT ALL and EVERYONE don't you?
And you have the biggest penis too, huh?
HDTVFanAtic you are my hero!

I doubt you know Gene and Kevin because they wouldn't want to have anything to do with someone that treats people like you have. I hope in the future you learn how to treat another human being with respect. I'm done you win :rolleyes:

DJ Rob said:
Have you ever heard of a DJ using an on-air name???:confused:

Man you just don't stop with the BS, do you?

You go off of Myspace for all of your information? WTF?
Why not ask me directly and act like an adult instead of making personal attacks on the internet against someone you do not know?

Again most of what you said is totally wrong but I'm done wasting time trying to defend myself or correcting you. I see you just want to start trouble. Especially if won't tell me who you really are or say what jobs you have had in radio management/ownership.

But you KNOW IT ALL and EVERYONE don't you?
And you have the biggest penis too, huh?
HDTVFanAtic you are my hero!

I doubt you know Gene and Kevin because they wouldn't want to have anything to do with someone that treats people like you have. I hope in the future you learn how to treat another human being with respect. I'm done you win :rolleyes:

Yep, I just pulled the 20 year background of Gene and Kevin out of my butt at a moments notice. Try and find a website of mutliple website that lays it all out, from Kevin going back to Guy Zapoleon at KZZP in Phoenix 20 years ago or Gene's influence at KIIS.

The people that have passed through the doors of KROQ in the last 15 years are very few. Kevin and Gene know where the alumni are. Ditto Mr. Kushner. The circles don't cross in Colorado.

Last edited:
HDTVFanAtic said:
The guy tried to inflate his status. He got busted. Simple open and shut case.

Read your posts HDTVFanAtic...You were the one bragging and stating your status for whatever reason.

I just wanted to talk about the subject of the thread and stated over and over IT DIDN'T MATTER what experience you had to discuss this stuff.

You turned it into personal attacks with boldface lies about me, people I worked with and were bragging you knew everything and everyone when I found out this week you do not. You still never answered what radio company you owned and what stations you had managed. Lying Jerk. Get a life.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)