One channel pixelating

andy_horton

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
Northwest Georgia
My indoor antenna hasn't moved an inch and yesterday I could get channel 3 at 57-65% strength and today it is 32-40 %. I have tried adjusting the rods as all 3 major stations are high VHF. The other two stations remain between 60-70 % signal strength. Any thoughts? HELP!!!

My indoor antenna hasn't moved an inch and yesterday I could get channel 3 at 57-65% strength and today it is 32-40 %. I have tried adjusting the rods as all 3 major stations are high VHF. The other two stations remain between 60-70 % signal strength. Any thoughts? HELP!!!
What was your weather like yesterday? Is it warmer, cloudier, cooler, sounds like your rabbit ears are still too weak to hold a steady picture. Have you considered Icebergs solution of putting an outside TV antenna in a closet?

Called the station. No tower work. Cd front coming through with a lot of wind. Last time the wind and a strong front came through another channel did the exact same thing. The rabbit ears are amplified and I have it on the lowest setting as more amplification causes overload. I'll bet it is the weather. I have a clearstream 1 but loaned to my dad. He gets perfect reception with it on his deck outdoors with a amp. I don't know how to post a report but I can tell you when I ran one recently channel 3 is the first color on the grid. It is approx. 11 miles from my location. Never had problems with this channel before but the lady at the station said that the engineers told her if anyone called in about it to tell them wind lime we have today and the front may cause interference.

Edit.. I extended the rods completely and in a v shape and all 3 channels are steady at 60-63%. I didn't need to do this up until today. I'm sure weather is playing a factor since I extended the rods and the problem seems fixed.

What was your weather like yesterday? Is it warmer, cloudier, cooler, sounds like your rabbit ears are still too weak to hold a steady picture. Have you considered Icebergs solution of putting an outside TV antenna in a closet?

since boba has mentioned it a few times but yet didnt post a link here is the orignal "antenna in the closet" pic
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...th-good-VHF-Hi-coverage?p=3314889#post3314889

but now there are newer ones
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...th-good-VHF-Hi-coverage?p=3417756#post3417756

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)