One day Satellite walkout

Apc1

Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
South Jersey
A group of dealers and installers have come up with the idea of a one-day NO ACTIVATION walk out.

The idea is to have no DirecTV or Dish Network activations on Wednesday, March 17th. AKA St. Patricks Day.

The one-day event is to protest the business practices of DirecTV and Dish Network and how those practices restrict the income potential of Dealers and Installers.

With the rising gas prices which will affect all levels of freight for dealers and installers work rigs, there is no way for dealers and installers to adjust their income to compensate for these factors. Other recent events have resulted in even lower margins for dealers and that will only hurt installers as well.

Out goal is have a noticeable effect on the one day activations for both providers. The effect may not be huge, but if measurable it will show the powers to be that we are serious and can organize. If we dealers and installers can come together for this event and have some success, it may be a catalyst needed to organize for future larger events. This one-day activation boycott must be endorsed by dealers and installers together. A single clear message that there must be changes.

We think Wednesday is good day because it the easiest for most installer to schedule around. We do not wish to impact consumers any more then necessary.

Everyone show their support. We can make a difference.

I think this a great idea and will support it with all I have got. I install dish and directv and plan to send this message out to every tech,dealer and even trainee installers I know. If this hasn't been posted on every forum in the satguys site it should be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)