One month Installation?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

onexero

Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
I just ordered DirectTV, and the earliest time they can install is October 17th. Does this sound right? I know people who have DirectTV, and their installation date was less than 3 days.

Another question, do they charge you before you receive the service?

I just ordered DirectTV, and the earliest time they can install is October 17th. Does this sound right? I know people who have DirectTV, and their installation date was less than 3 days.

Another question, do they charge you before you receive the service?

Their latest promotion must be very successful. It is taking me almost a month to get a service call. :mad:

Our area is about a Month out atm too... We just went Live with DirecTV/WildBlue Installs which take up the entire 4 hour time slot for 1 install vs getting 2-3 in there. Plus with the Sunday Ticket Special you cant beat the price for what you get. I cant even tell you how many Single HDDVR installs I have done just for this special.

Hi new here from N. E. Pa. Looks like a informative and friendly site. They are supposed to do our hd upgrade Oct 1. Wating time is a month from when we called. The time is between 4 and 8. Hope they show, because I know thats the end of a long day for them, and Im concerned about a no show. Hope not. Just bought two new flat screens and im excited to watch them on hd. Nice to meet you all. Doug

Hi again. I hear there is a self install kit you can buy. Wondering if I could of done this myself instead of waiting. Would one of the local installers in my area have it, and how hard would it be to do it myself? Thank you.

sucks for you. many of my customers are getting 2-3 day turn arounds ... even 1 day turn arounds.

You think that's bad, I'm in Houston & scheduled a service call to after my dish service went out after Ike (searching for satellite) the earliest date they could even pull up on their schedule was DECEMBER.

I'm about ready to cancel the service & switch to fiber except DirecTv's HD has me by the jewels.

You think that's bad, I'm in Houston & scheduled a service call to after my dish service went out after Ike (searching for satellite) the earliest date they could even pull up on their schedule was DECEMBER.

I'm about ready to cancel the service & switch to fiber except DirecTv's HD has me by the jewels.

So your going to blame D* for Ike blowing through Southern Texas and putting many families out of a home, destroying many dreams, and shattering hopes but God forgive your TV is out. At least you have a roof over your head. /off rant

Take a look around here and see if there is anything you can do for yourself in terms of re-peaking or re-attaching the dish yourself (at least a temp fix) or contact a local retailer. There are thousands of Dish and DirecTV customers out in that area and certainly not a 1:1 ratio of techs to get to everyone in a timely manor, not to mention Gas issues, even in my rural area in NC our gas stations are running out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)