Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I will be making one more change this morning that will probably (almost definitely) reset your style settings. But this will be the LAST TIME this will happen. (I promise!)

The reason for this is so that I may make our new user editable theme the default theme, as the way I set it up before it was a child of the SatelliteGuys classic style. And because there are so many changes between the two, every time I needed to add something I had to edited every style by hand. With this move, I just update the parent style and the changes take effect to the child styles below it.

In addition doing this gives us the ability to offer different options to you, including offering styles that are fluid, meaning they will fill your screen with more of the SatelliteGuys you love as well as themes that has the Sticky Navigation bar at top turned off.

With these new styles remember you can customize most of the colors to your liking, plus also change things such as fonts and backgrounds!

For the last 2+ weeks I have almost done nothing but work on this upgrade, I have been working on it from 9am until 10:30PM each day to get things the best I can for you and as it sits now I am very happy with the conversion! It's was a big move and I was nervous about doing it, but now I am glad I did.

Many of you have asked for features that were not part of the default software, I spent many hours seeking out, finding and in some cases purchasing, and installing these features that you asked for. This move was not done to upset our members but was done to keep you coming back and to bring in new members as well.

Today is my birthday and after I finish up a few things I am going to stop working on things and have a weekend away from the keyboard. I think I deserve it. :)

Over the next week you will see other changes, a number of the staff have expressed interest in bringing traffic again to some of our non satellite forums. And you might see more new features as well. :)

I am extremely proud and touched that a number of members made donations to the site this week. This money helped to pay for most of the costs of these upgrade. To them I say THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart! As some of you know a few things came up in my family so we have strapped on cash for the past few months. These donations really helped out as I was going to buy these things with money I didn't really have. So again THANK YOU to those guys who went out of their way and helped out in such a big way!

For those of you who would like to support the site please consider becoming a Pub Member. You money goes to keeping things going... and improving! For details on Pub Membership please visit http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/account/upgrades.

Thank you to everyone for their support suggestions and help. I have been through a number of upgrades on a number of sites, and I think this one has gone smoother than any of the other ones.

Some people ask me why I work so hard on SatelliteGuys... remember SatelliteGuys is NOT my Job... I do SatelliteGuys because I love doing it and it gives me great pride to build a place like this where you can talk tech in such a friendly atmosphere.

I am very proud of the new SatelliteGuys and I hope you are as well! Please tell your friend about the new SatelliteGuys and all we offer here, we are SO MUCH MORE then Satellite Talk!

P.S. You will notice we now have social network buttons around the site. If you see something that you think others may like please click on those social buttons and share what you learned with others. :)

Thanks!

Yes as any time I would make a change I would need to hand edit it separately. And now everyone is on the same backbone system so I can better support them.

Think of it as they were two different languages. And now we only have english to support. :)

Remember select through the other styles, as I know some folks don't like the Navigation Bar following them along. :)

Thank you Scott. Your pride in this site is 100% justified. IMNSHO.

You can see it, Rey can see it, I can't. Permissions problem ?

a.png

Looks like Scott is removing it for simplicity for future (as yet unplanned) changes. Right now he would have to change everything twice if he ever decided to make any updates if he kept both styles up. I just found out about this.

I have to say I really like the new styles, great work Scott Thank You!!!! I love being able to do the dark fluid with Orange, really makes it easier on my eyes. Thanks again for all the hard work.

Reactions: Tampa8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts