One OnDemand download at a time...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mcintire123

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 17, 2011
Pennsylvania, United States
Ya know, it would be kinda nice for those of us with good broadband connections if D* would let us set the receiver to download more than one thing at a time. I understand fully the throttling of a connection as to not hog up all the servers bandwidth and allow equal speeds for all. That is a good thing for any server, but it would be nice to hit up at least two downloads at a time. Just throwin` it out there for D* to consider.

One thing I can't figure out about On Demand, is when you pick a movie to download, you only get to keep it for a couple of weeks. For example, if I choose The Other Guys from On Demand, it expires in a few weeks. But if I record it from Starz, I keep it seemingly forever.

One thing I can't figure out about On Demand, is when you pick a movie to download, you only get to keep it for a couple of weeks. For example, if I choose The Other Guys from On Demand, it expires in a few weeks. But if I record it from Starz, I keep it seemingly forever.

Easy asking questions in this thread because apparently I hit a nerve with one other those Johnny come lately posters that just check in once a month to be a Bob

that what is on demand is about, they can't keep movies on there forever, they need more bandwidth for newer movies so when you see the expire date the movie is coming down.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)