One reciever two locations?

mneitzel

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
My father has a vaction trailer up north. He is wondering if he can use and pay for one reciever and just cart it back and forth between the trailer and his home. He understands he needs a dish at both places? Is this possible under Dish and do they allow it?

Thanks

Matthew

Depends who you talk to. Dishnetwork CEO/Owner Charlie says its ok to do that, but if you talk to the Audit police they say you cant.

Don't worry about it. I've done it to many times to count. Just make sure if he plugs the phone line to the receiver he does it only at the residence that has his phone number that is on his account. If he plugs the phone line in at another residence that isn't on the accoount then that will throw up a red flag. Go for it, no one will ever know.

Seems charlie needs to talk to the audit guys, any word on this happening yet?

If you have only one receiver then there is no reason for the audit guys to call you. If you have more than one receiver (especially if you have multiple receivers with high programming packages ordered) then the audit guys will be calling eventually.

I have 3 receivers and have many times over the years carried my 301 with us to the trailer and on vacations up to 2 weeks. No problem. And there is even a RV "release" form still available online. But I hear now they want you to pay full price for an RV, even if the receiver is only there a few days a year, and you are not at your home when using the RV. This ability to use the satellite on vacation with the RV is a BIG plus for us. If they really do manage to cut this off, I think I'll have a hard time resisting Verizon FIOS when it's available to me. But that is supposedly 3-7 years away.

Maybe the Audit police should audit Charlie . That would be so funny. Just imagine:

" I am sorry Mr. Ergen but you have to have all your receivers hooked up to the same phone line. We will have to deactivate the extra receivers you don't have plugged into your phone line." " You can only get them reactivated if you start seperate accounts for each one of them."

Knowing Charlie he wouldn't start seperate accounts for each receiver. He is way to cheap to do that. I wonder who has more power in this case, Charlie or the Audit Gestapho police?:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)