one remote-2 receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

llzel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
St Louis
I have a LCD in my bedroom using a signal from a 612 located in my lower level via CAT6-HDMI wall plate. This system works great. I also have a RG6 TV2 output from my 722 located in another room.

Is there a way I can use the same UHF remote to control the 612 and the 722 TV2 output? That way I can switch between the 612 (When someone might be watching it) and the 722?

Read in your manual on how to change the remote address. Just skip the steps about turning on your receiver and hitting record.

You can't. Wrong chips. The 612 is UHF but uses a certain silver chip at the bottom of the remote. Meanwhile, the 722 is looking for the blue 2 UHF chip.

You can't. Wrong chips. The 612 is UHF but uses a certain silver chip at the bottom of the remote. Meanwhile, the 722 is looking for the blue 2 UHF chip.

the little chips don't mater other than to hold the internal switch in a various positions. You can ask for dish to send you a complete set of these. Normally used if you want to use a 622/722 UHF remote for TV1. Flipping the blue chip so that black shows does the same.

You could get a IR to UHF converter for the 722 and then set the AUX button on your remote to control the 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts