One unhappy and frustrated camper (long)

My oh my I thought my story was unique...until now that is. I won a 65 inch Mitsubishi hdtv set back in sept and all I could think off was how beautiful the HD channels looked at the electronics store (PC RICHARD). So after insisting on getting Voom (My wife warned me on getting Voom because of the technical problems they were reportingly having. Various newspaper write ups) an installer arrived at my home Nov 1st. Immediately he gets out and tells me " Did Voom call you and tell you that you couldn't get ANY local channels?" I of course said no. He continued to educate me by telling all the bad things about Voom. How cheaply they paid the installers, etc, etc. He also mentioned that the OTA had a range of about 45 miles and I was out rough 54 miles, so I was SOL.

I told me him what about an upgraded antenna? Couldn't do it he said, so I said then I do not want the service...period. He immediately call his boss and then we did a three way with Voom CSR. Lets call her Barb. Barb assured that the customer was there number one priority!! " We will do whatever it takes to make you happy Sir!. So I asked what's the solution. Her response was " We will immediately send out an upgraded OTA antenna that should get you all you locals, CBS, NBC, ABC etc". I was happy once more.

She proceeded to inform me that the tech would install the Voom with 21 HD channels and that should hold me until the next service call. She made it for Nov 10th. Thank you very much Barb I said. I told my wife how considerate my Voom CSR was. If she was in front of me I would ask her for a hug. Any how back to the story.

While installing my service the tech came in and attempted to get a picture and much to his surprise he kept losing the signal. Just like Tom's problem 97, 0, 0, 97 you get the idea. After fiddling with it for roughly an hour I had my pic. Wow, what a sight to be hold. 65 Inches of full def. I will admit I shed a tear or two. Little did I know that more tears would be shed but the latter would be far from the happiest of the first. But I'm getting ahead of myself.

Installer gets a tip a hardy handshake and a warm good-bye.

The next morning I wake up to alot of broken pixels no sound and the worse picture i had ever seen...even analog! Urrrrg. So again I contacted Voom CSR and after going threw roughly 30 or more exercises it was deemed that they were experiencing tech difficulties. Why didn't the CSR just say that from the beginning. My patience was running very low. So I decided to cancel Voom right on the spot. The CSR became very defensive ( pointing out that they were not given a chance to correct the matter blah blah blah. After a convincing dialog i realized that maybe I was being harsh so I gave in and waited until Nov 10 when the other service tech showed up. About two hours later a Mike Anderson from Voom called again assuring me that the customer was their number one priority. He reiterated that the upgraded antenna would get me up and running.

November 10th arrived...finally. Around 9:00 am or so my bell ranged it was the Voom tech, bright eyed and bushy tailed. Actually this one was a lot nicer and more professional then the first. He asked were the box was located I told him the theatre room located in my basement and he proceeded to "check on the box". I told him the box was not the whole reason that he was there and mentioned the antenna. He was told dumb founded. No one had mentioned that he was there for that. They heard pixelation problems and wammo its a box problem. I explained the situation and before I could finish he asked if he could call his boss for confirmation.

Roughly ten minutes on the phone he pass the phone to me, his boss wanted to talk to me. I got on the phone and was told that the free upgraded antenna was going to cost me 140.00 plus a rotor and they could not guarantee me that it would even work. I was totally floored. WTF. Are you sh@ting me. It clearly stated on the website. All you local channels included. " No rabbit ear antenna but the best quality mumbo jumbo nonsense. I called Voom one more time and again a defensive CSR told me that if I did cancel a 250 dollar early cancellation fee would apply. Very professionally I asked for the corp address because obviously this young lady did not have the authorization to do diddly but I still insisted on canceling this hideous service. FYI, I did mention several times that during the week I called CSR and wanted to cancel the service but of course she turned it around and said that a Voom customer that keeps the service or lack of it for three days or more is subjected to a cancellation fee. I asked her were on the website did it state that she couldn't come up with a clear and concise answer. Whatever I won I thought I cancelled Voom right. Well the tech proceeded to take down the dish (now I have holes on my roof) and the unit. I thought that it would be over...was I wrong.

A week later i received a bill from Voom for a months worth of service. Even though the service or lack off was disconnected on Nov 10th. Another call went out to CSR and after an hour or so it was determined that I indeed did not owe $62 and change but 22 and change. For what I asked no picture no fee right? The CSR proceeded to inform me with a straight face that it was for the privilege of having the equipment in my house. Ain that some sh@t. So after all this I am out 80 bucks or so. Not bad considering that I had the true service for roughly two days or so. I must admit I had no choice but to go to Cablevision to receive my HD local channels. In their defense I love cablevision. I have their triple play program and cant be happier. Maybe Wilt can do something for me like PPV vouchers or an free upgrade for a year. Any how I might just write to the BBB or Consumer advocate service asking for my 80 refund. What a ripoff. So Tom you are not alone. Thanks for the ear. It's like therapy for me.

install

wow thats a good story, but it doesnt even hold a candle to what ive been throught! im not going to get into because they have one more chance to make it right on dec 1st, and i want to see it workout cause i love my hd.well if it doesnt i will post my whole ordeal-you thought your post was long ha!

kawdog said:
I have had a hell of a time getting my VOOM installed right (it still isn't), after three "re-peakings" of the dish the signal was in the mid 70's and dropped out constantly. I finally went outside without any fancy meters and moved the dish around very slightly till the signal on the tv was at 95. If I were you I would try to pull in a little better signal on your own till someone can get out and help you, many installers mistakenly peak the Dish Network satellite instead of the VOOM since they are so close. I know despite how frustrating it gets, VOOM will eventually correct all your problems if you can wait long enough.

kaw
This what I mean,VOOM needs to allow self installs,pro does the install and results in SH&TY signal,homeowner goes out and corrects the problem.Just because someone is a "certified"installer doesn't mean crap.Saddam Hussein was a supposed president.I bet my left ball(can't lost that on the last voom bet)that if VOOM got the price of their equipement in line and allowed self-installs that the sub base would grow much faster,and that they would have a chance at competing with D* & E*

TomVA said:
After reading faqs on this site... yes 2 runs are included.

No, neither one charged for the diplexor.

Yes I got all the cables... I think; I don't remember seeing the S-video cable but wasn't really paying attention to that. I do remember seeing the DVI cable.

Appreciate all the feedback folks. Is there a contact at Installs, Inc?
Thanks

Tom
Yes there is, call voom and they will give you the #

After reading all this I dread this Friday, my install date. Even if they screw up, if they leave everything I need I'll do it myself. Thats what I'm expecting to happen anyway.

<<is the village idiot , i tried voom in april 3 cancelled appointments (just read above posts and you will get the idea) finally an install and billing issues, crappy pic. And now for the village idiot part, i ordered again when the new deal came out LOL i know i know thats F***** stupid of me. Read above posts and you will get the idea. installed again , fine for a bit then Bam (im watchin emeril) Directv still works. No channels tuning in at all, none of my 3 boxes <<<told you i was a friggin idiot. i call for service and almost a 2 week wait. now im feeling a little stupid BUt THEY DONT HAVE A CREDIT CARD SO IM OK FOR NOW. paper bill here lol. WE SHALL SEE WHAT FRIDAY BRINGS. if no pic im gone, oh yeah by the way when i spoke to csr she told me after i told here that is i will cancel if they dont get it right friday , that i would be responsible for a 250 cancellation fee LOL i laughed and just told here to try and collect on that one. ( i did check with an attorney btw and he assured me they could never win , (industry standards rule i am told??? they must be comparable to other services in their industry for service calls etc, well directv is 2 days here and e is 3 so 2 to 3 days or 2 weeks i think i can handle that fight LOL

stevesmall said:
<<is the village idiot , i tried voom in april 3 cancelled appointments (just read above posts and you will get the idea) finally an install and billing issues, crappy pic. And now for the village idiot part, i ordered again when the new deal came out LOL i know i know thats F***** stupid of me. Read above posts and you will get the idea. installed again , fine for a bit then Bam (im watchin emeril) Directv still works. No channels tuning in at all, none of my 3 boxes <<<told you i was a friggin idiot. i call for service and almost a 2 week wait. now im feeling a little stupid BUt THEY DONT HAVE A CREDIT CARD SO IM OK FOR NOW. paper bill here lol. WE SHALL SEE WHAT FRIDAY BRINGS. if no pic im gone, oh yeah by the way when i spoke to csr she told me after i told here that is i will cancel if they dont get it right friday , that i would be responsible for a 250 cancellation fee LOL i laughed and just told here to try and collect on that one. ( i did check with an attorney btw and he assured me they could never win , (industry standards rule i am told??? they must be comparable to other services in their industry for service calls etc, well directv is 2 days here and e is 3 so 2 to 3 days or 2 weeks i think i can handle that fight LOL

oh before all of the bashers jump on this post.
I SIGNED UP AGAIN BECAUSE I WANTED VOOM TO WORK. I WANT ALL OF THE HDTV I CAN GET. I WAnt VOOM TO SURVIVE, but i know some of you will come to thir defense again and say i am wrong LOL well
Bite me BUTT because if you defend VOOM your Voom must be working and you are trolling here as well to find a fight, we are in the customer comments section and as of this rant i am still a customer albeit unhappy customer <<<those 2 words should not be together

voomvoom said:
Stevesmall, I just don't get it. If you've been putting it off since April, what's 10 more days? ....... less than 10 now..

no i tried voom in april they couldnt get it to work, uninstalled , pic q issues, billing issues , crappy installer issues, this is my 2nd time around and i am trying again as i type. Installed 14 days ago and installer had a ok signal but lots of pic loss and one day later boxes dies altogether, but i did receive a call today thay cant be here till the 13th, im thinking maybe i just wont be here LOL

Rumors of VOOM installation classes for subcontractors

When my latest service call happened, the subcontractor employee mentioned that VOOM was trying to get actual courses for subcontractors for the OTA and dish installations. This would seem to be a positive development, but the subcontractors have to make the effort to make use of such courses voluntarily. I'd really wish it be involuntarily... if you want to install anything for VOOM, you have to be fully trained with their equipment (not assume that because you install for DirecTV or Dish, that you know what to do relevant to Voom service calls).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)