Onkyo 605 and boosting fm recpetion

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I know its not the rcvr's fault because Im in a area between Norfolk and Richmond which makes it hard to get anything sometimes. I'd like to know if there is something besides the white fm wire that comes with most rcvr's thatll give me more pull.

Thanks

If you have a OTA antenna it may be FM compatible and you can connect to that. I have a separate FM antenna that I have used with good results.

Winegard PR 6010 (about $27)

Attachments

• SPR6010_zoom.gif
    SPR6010_zoom.gif
    8 KB · Views: 214
Thanks. I may just go the Sirius route indoor since Im already paying for it and I have to set it up for College football soon.

The FM band is between TV channels 6 and 7. Any reasonable VHF TV antenna will work fine for FM.

Sat radio is fine, but it doesn't cover local events and weather. I also prefer scheduling of the local NPR for talk stuff like Car Guys and Wait, wait, don't tell me.

A cheap dipole antenna made from twinlead will probably do a bit better than the single wire antenna that came with the receiver. You could pick one up for a couple of bucks at RS or similar. Dig around in your junk drawer and probably find one from decades past that would still work well enough for a trial. Keep the "T" part level (horizontal), but move it around through the arc as it will be somewhat directional. An old set of TV rabbit ears is also an alternative. Some have a press-on F connector that will fit the antenna input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts