Only 1 tuner on either HR20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lovswr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Hello, as you can see by the system in my sig I have two HR20-700's. For the past 2 or 3 weeks, when I get home from work, one or the other (but never both at the same time) will lose one of the tuners completely (771). That is to say, when I check signal strength I get all 0's on one of the tuners. A normal system reset clears this right up thus far & each HR20-700 is good to go for the rest of the night.

I know this could be a LNB that is starting to fail, or the Zinwell 6X8 or (outside chance) that both of my HR20's are slightly on the fritz. I am leaning towards the Zinwell.

About 2 months ago, my daughter complained that here D10 was not working (771). I discovered that apparently there was no signal coming out Zinwell on the port going to her room. So since my older step son had recently moved into his own apartment, I just switched her room to that port. So of the 8 ports, only 7 were actually plugged in. Well my brother-in -law came to live with us 3 weeks ago & I had to pug that 8th port back in. All is good for about a week until we get to the first paragraph of my post.

My question is, should I try to call D* now & try to steer them towards coming out & either confirming the Zinwell as failing/or whatever my problem is, or just wait until it fails completely? Remember a reset, thus far, has fixed my problem. TIA :)

Hello, as you can see by the system in my sig I have two HR20-700's. For the past 2 or 3 weeks, when I get home from work, one or the other (but never both at the same time) will lose one of the tuners completely (771). That is to say, when I check signal strength I get all 0's on one of the tuners. A normal system reset clears this right up thus far & each HR20-700 is good to go for the rest of the night.

I know this could be a LNB that is starting to fail, or the Zinwell 6X8 or (outside chance) that both of my HR20's are slightly on the fritz. I am leaning towards the Zinwell.

About 2 months ago, my daughter complained that here D10 was not working (771). I discovered that apparently there was no signal coming out Zinwell on the port going to her room. So since my older step son had recently moved into his own apartment, I just switched her room to that port. So of the 8 ports, only 7 were actually plugged in. Well my brother-in -law came to live with us 3 weeks ago & I had to pug that 8th port back in. All is good for about a week until we get to the first paragraph of my post.

My question is, should I try to call D* now & try to steer them towards coming out & either confirming the Zinwell as failing/or whatever my problem is, or just wait until it fails completely? Remember a reset, thus far, has fixed my problem. TIA :)

It could be also an alignment problem if you have had any heavy storms. I hope it is not a failure of your HR20 units, since it appears they have been discontinued. This means you get HR21 as replacements and those units don't have OTA. Eventually they may have an alternative but at cost (i.e. add another device for it.).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)