Only 10% surveyed think they would want Google Glass/funny Videos

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
A lot of people do not even know what it is or what it is all about. Once it ends up being discussed more often and touted and shown the advantages of having it, more people will want it.

Stargazer is right.

Too early for any survey, especially from a general interest site, to come up with meaningful results.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2.x

Once it's out, and some celeb touts it, interest will grow. I must admit, I have some interest in it. But I won't be an early adopter.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I have interest in it, but the price has to be reasonable. And being an iPhone user, I wouldn't want it to be crippled just because I don't have an android phone. It should just establish a Bluetooth connection with the user's phone and then just work.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Others are probably waiting to see how successful Google is with this to see if they also need to release a similar product of their own. Then things would get really interesting with new designs, features and lowered pricing.

I wonder if it would have also been 10% for these small cell phones 20 years ago. I am curious about these new smart watches that are supposed to come out as well.

Sony, Pebble, I'm Watch and maybe one more are real products. Pebble is in backorder as production ramps up, Sony and I'm Watch are available now. There might be one more that's out there. I do like the idea of the smart watch, but I don't know that I'd wear one since I don't wear a traditional watch at present.

Google glass and its augmented reality greatly intrigues me. Best example would be Google Nav while driving -- having it right there where I don't have to look away from the road is a good thing.

I do not think I would jump on version 1.0 unless they were fairly inexpensive. I would like to see how they progress some before buying. I am just not one that needs to take a lot of videos and pictures. Now if they had a nice voice interface to look stuff up, well that would interest me.

Now, my niece on the other hand would probably kill to have a pair of them. I think she lives on instagram she and all her teen age friends are constantly taking pictures and commenting on them. She cannot eat at a restaurant without a photo shoot of everything. If she had that winking to take a picture app she would probably look like she had a nervous tick.

I wonder if they will come out with a version without the camera. I would think that would bring price and size down. I can see a clear film put on glasses or contacts with the display.

I read a lengthy article about Google Glass some time ago.
Right now, no interest.

Seems like a solution looking for a problem.
But as with many scientific advances, it's likely the next generation will all have 'em. ;)

Smart watches seem even less attractive.
A little early to guess their future.

Stuff like the Pebble are what I want from a watch, I don't need a smart watch, just something with the basics and the option to leverage the power of the phone in my pocket.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I have interest in it, but the price has to be reasonable. And being an iPhone user, I wouldn't want it to be crippled just because I don't have an android phone. It should just establish a Bluetooth connection with the user's phone and then just work.

I think the problem is how IOS works. In Android apps can read information from other apps. In IOS apps are sandboxed and cannot get access to a lot of information. You could get information that you signed up for such as news alerts. However, I don't think a third party app would have access to phone and sms information. I might be wrong, but I believe any app to display the phone data to glass would have to be written by Apple.

I looked at information for the Pebble watch. Apparently, you can get phone and sms notifications to Pebble. I would assume Glass could get them also. There are apparently problems with email notifications on Pebble and IOS. I still believe that because IOS is more closed, it will be difficult to get Glass to work the same on IOS as it does on Android.

With that said, the current version of Glass is basically a public Beta. With the way Google operates, I would assume that there will be an application for IOS when a retail version is available.

With Google Glass vs Smart Watch, I think more people, at this time, would be more likely to get the watch, as many people today wear a watch. With that said, many people that wear glasses would probably be more likely to get Google Glass at first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts