Only get one polarity?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

xcesmess

Original poster
Jul 10, 2006
Oklahoma City, OK
Okay I'm at a loss on this one... and I just realized it tonight that it was happening. I just setup my system consisting of a TwinHan 1025 card, no name 33" dish with a Zinwell Digital ZKF-F21N FSS KU LNB.

According to the manufacturer this LNB is a dual polarity LNB but I for the life of me cannot get it to switch polarity. I've hooked up a volt meter to the coax and its giving a costant 19V no matter what the polarity is. So for now I'm only stuck on horizontal and have to rotate the LNB to get veritcal... sucks!

I'm using ProgDVB and have messed around with the settings and can't seem to get it setup. Is there something I'm missing?

The PDF of the LNB specs are here:
http://www.zcwc.com/zcwc/products/lnbf/catalogs/ZKF-F21N.pdf

The box for the LNB says:
iVision ZKF-F21N
FSS Digital KU LNBF
Freq: 11.7 - 12.2 GHz
NF: 0.5 db(Typ.)

(yea.. its one of those no-name LNB's)

I have contacted the reseller about a previous signal issue and they have agreed to replace it if theres a problem but I want to make sure its not a software problem before I ship it back.

Thanks!
Kelly

(PS... gave up on the NOAA port thing... its time to play now :) )

Yeah I figured that much :) I just wondered if there was some setting in ProgDVB that I needed to set that would tell the card to switch voltages when the polarity is changed...

Although, I think most of those guys come in here, you might do better to post this question in the "Free to Air PC DVB Discussion" area. I can't help, don't have an inkling of what these drivers and programs are all about, or can or can't do. Sorry?

Al

Well it looks like the problem is fixed... although I'm a little puzzled by the results. The driver that came with my TwinHan card evidently has some sort of a voltage/polarity problem and doesn't switch out of 19V. I updated the driver off the website and the card is now switching. I find it a little odd though that my LNB has to be at a 90 degree angle to get both horiz. and vert. Oh well.. whatever works :)

Kelly

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts