only hd channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

b91ssc1

Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
illinois
is there a way to get only hd channels? i've been looking for ways to cut back on my bills. i currently pay$75 dollar a month with dish. (before those bogus fees on equipment I OWN)

dvr bundle classic bronze 100-44.99
hd bronze-10
dhpp-5.99
international channel-14.99

i currently have the dish 722. i used to have the dish 622 which crapped out on me every year. that's why i kept the dhpp. every year the hd crashed or the receiver got really slow or it froze and required a reset. i got my 722 back in march and so far so good except it feels kinda slow. even after a reset still feels laggy like its running vista on 512 mb ddr1 ram on a 1 ghz atom processor running on aol 28k

if i could get only hd channels, that would be sweet. it would cut a lot of bucks outta my bill.

I switched to TurboHD Bronze this evening, so the TurboHD options are still available, believe the pricing is $29.99 bronze (+$5 or $5.99 for DVR, +$5 if locals), then like $8 to step up to silver, and maybe $10 more for Gold (~$47.99)

but I heard mixed reports here and elsewhere about only having until Feb1 to switch to TurboHD, we'll see if that happens, but I decided it wasn't worth the risk, since I wasn't watching the SD channels with Silver top200+

So one can actually call and request the HD package only?

So, it's called TurboHD Bronze, Silver and Gold and the rep. knew what you were talking about?

Just wanting clarification are you getting the music channels since they are not in HD?

I was told otherwise on these forums but I wouldn't mind this option. I would miss TVLand and ESPN Classic but the volume differences between SD and HD are one of the reasons I've held off getting HD.

Thank you

i barely watch anything in sd anymore. mostly everything i watch is on the bronze hd channels.

so my new bill would like look this.

bronze hd-29.99
dhpp-5.99
dvr fee-6.00
locals-5.00
total-61.97

a 15 dollar drop in price ain't bad. i might even take out dhpp while i'm at it.

i was told by online chat the other day that the turboHD packages were not available anymore. so i questioned why the name change then and their response was it was for the existing customers that already had it.

i was told by online chat the other day that the turboHD packages were not available anymore. so i questioned why the name change then and their response was it was for the existing customers that already had it.

You must have got a bad CSR. Try again. You can't switch to them yourself through the website, but the CSR can sign you up for them. Play CSR roulette and try again

I wanted to switch to all HD after Fox Soccer Channel turns on it's HD channel. After reading this thread, it appears that an HD only package will only be available until Feb. 1?

I wanted to switch to all HD after Fox Soccer Channel turns on it's HD channel. After reading this thread, it appears that an HD only package will only be available until Feb. 1?

They're not going away. If Dish is taking the time to rename the TurboHD packages to Dish America (and reduce the price), then I'm certain that they're not going away.

Scott - how about it

Out there scott? What about switching to TurboHD now? Are the packages going away on 2/1 or only being renamed?
I myself want an HD package that gives me everything that is currently available in HD and also would include all new future (sooon:D) HD. Will such a beast exist after 2/1?
Thanks, Gerry

i barely watch anything in sd anymore. mostly everything i watch is on the bronze hd channels.

so my new bill would like look this.

bronze hd-29.99
dhpp-5.99
dvr fee-6.00
locals-5.00
total-61.97

a 15 dollar drop in price ain't bad. i might even take out dhpp while i'm at it.

Are these rates after the 2/1 rate changes? I think you need to check on that.

can you have turbo hd if you have 301 on account and other hd capable hd receveirs .
People have said the system rejected adding the package if you still had a SD receiver on the account. Whether that is still true I'm not sure anyone can really say for sure unless you try.

i heard that you can add sd for free
I'm not sure that's the right way to phrase it. When they turn on CNN HD, for example, they also turn on access to CNN SD. You don't have to ask for that, it's simply the way the package is authorized.

They are available, but they won't change EASILY. Be nice to the rep, I mentioned a friend just signed up with Dish and was told of this package and so she said I thought they were no longer available but let me put you on hold and talk to my manager.... TADA!

49.99 for Turbo Gold. Never thought I would go all HD and no SD, but I couldn't stand the differential in volume levels. Going from HD to SD would wake up my neighbors =-)

Be persistant, but friendly.

Ok, two more questions for you fellas,

On the welcome card I received from Dish when I signed up it showed Nick@Nite (170) as HD. I'm not getting it with Turbo HD? Anyone?

Also, on the welcome card it states right above "Platinum HD" package "available with any HD package (excludes premium movie packages.) You receiving these?

Thanks again

I called and i was told no but i was offered free 301 upgrade to vip 211. I wonder if any one removed sd reciver switched to turbo hd and added it back i only use 301 for international programing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts