Only in CA

Idiots.

What I love (im in the fossil fuel industry) is all the hype about electric cars. There is also a deal running in South Carolina where if you trade in your polluting gas lawnmower, you get a discount on an electric mower.

Where the **** do these morons think the electricity comes from to power electric motors and recharge batteries(hellooooo coal fired plants)?? Trading one for another, and trying to make the second smell like a rose. Ridiculous.

There are seriously a lot of people nowadays that are downright stupid, live in a bubble, or all of the above.

Why I am I not surprised that California would be the first state to take all of the fun out of buying an hdtv.

Yepp, thats it. Once you call something "green", regardless of whether it helps, its the in thing to do.

The lemmings are just as happy doing something that doesnt help or is equally hamrful, as long as they allow themselves to believe they are helping.

What will happen is that the industry will comply. Televisions sets sold in CA will cost a few hundred more to use more efficient parts all to save the average consumer $18/year on their electric bill.

In the case of LCD TVs they can change out the florescent backlights with LEDs. For plasma Panasonic already has technology they are putting into place this year that gives 2x the light output for the same energy, and they have the technology to double it again. The main issue is that the costs are just high. LCDs with LED backlite tend to cost 2x the florescent. I do not know what it would cost in Plasma.

So, you will pay 2-3x extra vs the amount saved on your TV. Not a choice most consumers would make willingly.

I sure did like our country alot more when a majority ruled instead of a select few.

I wonder if the new proposed regulations will prohibit retailers from displaying their bank of dozens of HDTV's in torch mode? :rolleyes:

That might solve the problem right there ... stop training consumers to think torch mode is how HDTV is supposed to look.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)