Only on FTA can you see commercials like this.....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
One of the things I find cool with FTA is seeing commercials from other parts of the country. And the best ones seem to be the corniest ones with the most eclectic characters. Here in Minneapolis we use to have a guy named "Fancy Ray" who would do these really lame low budget commercials for Mpls businesses (mainly a video store). Here are some of those

[youtube]JOh661-zDZo[/youtube]
[youtube]VN_S14DtsZ4[/youtube]

but I saw one batch that took the cake. These are for a business in Alaska called "Mattress Ranch". I caught them during a hockey game and then a newscast from Anchorage.. When I first saw the commercials, I was like "oh hell no"...but I couldn't stop laughing at them. They seem like any normal commercial.....until the end. I ended up finding some of the older ones on youtube.....

[youtube]eldbPUqhFZk[/youtube]
[youtube]ebpXOMCYBhk[/youtube]
[youtube]ICppcKiwrPw[/youtube]
[youtube]anxligdo934[/youtube]

now to find some of those bad ones that show up on KUIL Beaumont ;)

Last edited:
now to find some of those bad ones that show up on KUIL Beaumont ;)[/quote]

Is that the one with the tople$$ weather girls?

Get some sleep
without counting sheep
and have another night of bliss
across from the bus barn in wasillia
that is where we is
save some bucks at the mattress ranch"

The bold part gets replaced by
"Across from JC Penney Warehouse on arctic" for Anchorage

and "on spur road in Soldata is now where we is" for Soldata

but yeah those Mattress ranch commercials kick ass

crazy people on tv

I love the commercials they are a big source of enjoyment for me on fta. I really want to see some foriegn commercials though cant wait for my motor.

well found a new one...saw this on during an indoor football game (the intense football league) between Fairbanks (AK) & Odessa (TX) a couple weeks ago

what do you get when you combine a clueless driver + a Suburban + snow & ice + "The Thunder Rolls" in the background?

yep...Arctic Thunder Towing :)

[youtube]OwmWD7_ZmR4[/youtube]

I love the bad commercials too. On a side note, I hate the spammy commercials about business opportunities that you see way too often. I think the Crazy like fox ad that I see a lot is very much a spammy business opp, especially since they change the url almost every time I see the commercial, but the rest of the ad is the same every time. I think they do that to keep the attorney generals and God only knows who else from chasing them down and proving they are not legit.

Thanks Iceberg,
The one that really got me was the one of that actor acting like he was playing a guitar and jumps off the roof to a bunch of mattresses on a car top only to bounce off and land on the ground hard. They acted really concern then at the end you hear this: "Dude, we need to do that one over again". I lost it there when that was said! LOL

YouTube - Mattress Man Commercial

Then they have another that is very simular.
YouTube - original mattress fall

Thanks again,
TOM
:D

I love the bad commercials too. On a side note, I hate the spammy commercials about business opportunities that you see way too often. I think the Crazy like fox ad that I see a lot is very much a spammy business opp, especially since they change the url almost every time I see the commercial, but the rest of the ad is the same every time. I think they do that to keep the attorney generals and God only knows who else from chasing them down and proving they are not legit.

Equity has those on there a lot. Also AMGTV has it at least once a 1/2 hour

Ted's back with more commercials :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YZJQVrQdu8]YouTube - Mattress Ranch commercials[/ame]

These commercials were a hoot! Especially watching them at 5:45 Am before work. In Cincinnati over the years we've had our fair share of funny guys. A carpet place where the owner always ended with "I don't care about making money I just love to sell carpet" We've had a furniture place that for years has their guy Ed, who is rather short, doing the commercials with Anthony Munoz the former Bengals player. When I was a kid Cherokee Motors had a guy dressed up as an indian who said Cherokee Motors where Paddock meets Vine at the big Indian sign. They were and are goofy commercials but they work. You may hate Billy Mays but he's sold a lot of stuff! I think every town has their zany characters. Blind

... A carpet place where the owner always ended with "I don't care about making money I just love to sell carpet" ...

Haha, an engine rebuilder in Brighton Colorado used the same line, "I don't care about making money, I just love selling engines." Maybe went to the same seminars on salesmanship, bah.

C'mon this is by far the best furniture commercial:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnOyMSEWNTs]YouTube - Black and White People Furniture - Bizarre Commercial[/ame]

By far this is one my favorites too: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f99PcP0aFNE]YouTube - Series of Tubes[/ame]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)