"Oops! we ran into some problems"

Got a strange log on. 20th anniversary SatelliteGuys symbols everywhere in very small fonts. My avatar was floating around. Strange

• Wow
Reactions: charlesrshell
You didn't happen to eat any psychedelic mushrooms did you? ;)

There is only one option under my settings for Push Notifications, and I set it for Never.

If they popup keeps coming up, you may need to delete your SatelliteGuys cookies, as the message to ask you if you want to enable them is set in the cookie on each machine. (You may not want notifications on one machine but you may want them on another.)
Ok, found it and fixed it. There's like this tiny little (I mean very tiny) white dot below the message in the blue box (after you click on the x on the right) that is clickable. I tried clicking on it and the box went down and vanished. I first dumped my cookies for this site and that didn't help. So, I have no idea what the tiny little white dot is there for, but clicking on it got rid of the Push Notifications box...

I am going to be away from computers this weekend.

However I will have my phone.

We seem to be having the issue sometime around the noon time (eastern) so if you see it happen over the weekend please post the approximate time it’s happening so I can look at it or have a second set of eyes look at it.

Other then things going away for about few minutes at noontime everything else is running so good. Just got to find and fix this one issue.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am going to be away from computers this weekend.

However I will have my phone.

We seem to be having the issue sometime around the noon time (eastern) so if you see it happen over the weekend please post the approximate time it’s happening so I can look at it or have a second set of eyes look at it.

Other then things going away for about few minutes at noontime everything else is running so good. Just got to find and fix this one issue.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Scott & have fun.

Reactions: FTA4PA
I was attempting to edit a post and I got the dreaded Cylon line and three pulsating bars at the top of the page. It was just after noon Eastern.

Too strange, but Safari and Edge both can’t reach SatelliteGuys.US on my iPad:
1714234545021.png

Yet I can get here on my iPhone on the same Wi-Fi. Maybe DNS cache poisoning?

Or, something with XenForo sites? I tried two three other XenForo-based Forums and they are down too.

Hmmm, maybe something else, like my Router identifying my iPad as a threat. Need to check some things out.

Hmmm, maybe something else, like my Router identifying my iPad as a threat. Need to check some things out.
Oops, my bad! While troubleshooting a different issue a couple weeks back, I had given my iPad a fixed IPv4 Address. One of the steps I had taken was to reboot my ISP router, so it was reassigning DHCP addresses. Since the address I had given my iPad was within the DHCP range, apparently a device was assigned the same address while my iPad was sleeping. I reset my Wireless Connection back to DHCP and what do you know, now everything is fine.
Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

While Foxbats issue was self inflicted, it gave me an idea.

The server monitor is showing no issues or downtime... and then I remembered when we moved to our old server and we had an issue where the site would just go away... then come back a few minutes later.

His error screen mentioned DNS issue.. (again his issue was self inflicted) but I looked at our DNS settings...

And I saw an issue.... the TTL was set to 1200 seconds... I set it low so when we moved servers and I changed the DNS to point to our new servers it would only take a few moments for our DNS to be updated around the world.

Only issue is... I forgot to change the DNS TTL back up after we moved. I have raised it back up to 14400 seconds.

Again this issue happened last time we moved servers... and rasing the DNS TTL back up fixed it. I have gone through the logs and see nothing wrong or any strange errors. My "guess" is that our DNS servers are not always pushing updates to the world so after 1200 seconds the DNS would time out and then servers would not be able to find us during that time until the server updated again.... (Again this is just a guess.). By setting the TTL to 14400 should hopefully take care of this issue.

Our server monitoring service has reported no down time... but I think the reason for that is because it uses the server IP address not the domain name. And that in itself may be another clue. :)