Open Box S9-S10

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Nosbod

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Sep 1, 2011
Blind River Ontario
I recently aquired a 10 mesh dish which was being thrown out. I have installed it and have aligned it. The receiver i am using now is a veiwsat pro, but the blind scan feature is useless. I am considering buying a openbox S9 or S10 and was wondering if anybody knowns if the blind scan feature is any good.

Will it tell me what satellite i'me on even if I don't know or not sure, and will it scan in chanells.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

S9 blind scan is capable. Compares to the my Pansat 9200, I would say. My S9 will usually get em if the SR is +2000. Will miss most, if not all below that, but some of the later FW has an "accurate Scan" option. I don't know if that then gets the low SR channels or not. Have not tried it myself.(not many with SR's in the 1000-2000 range, and usually,are itinerant)
Will it tell me what satellite i'me on even if I don't kno
No, you have to look for a hot TP to know what satellite you're on.

S9 or S10 either or will do very well does have good blind scan, need to update to latest file 7312011 on S9 on S10 82011 file

Just be sure you buy from a distributor that when you have a problem they will be there for you.

Last edited:
Greetings, Im very new to the FTA world. My friend introduced this to me a couple of years ago before the big format switch. I remember very little about the set up so I guess Im ew to the game again. I just purchased an openbox s9. To say the least, Im am completely lost. Not to mention, The forum post i have read have went over my head. Is there anyone out there that can slowly walk me through what I need to do to get this thing up and running? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)