open box s9

Status
Please reply by conversation.

msrebel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
I read where the open box s9 does ac3 audio through the hdmi, I was wondering if I ran coax to the bedroom using the satellite out would I receive audio on channels that are broadcasting in ac3 on the tv in the bedroom?

satellite out is for another receiver. Also known as loop out

The SSO has no coax output but with a RF converter you can use the red/yellow/white outputs (composite) and run a coax cable. And yes you will get the AC-3 audio through the RCA cables

A more complex way ( of course , its how I do it ) is to use the component outputs to a component to composite converter, then use an composite to rf converter. Since the Component out and HDMI outputs are the same resolution, it doesn't create a problem and there's no green tint . I use this for my small , monitoring set .
:)

I use a wireless 900Mhz RF video/audio/remote setup, which I've had for several years, but the microwave, etc does interfere with it... and you need to play with location and antenna direction for best signal... (i.e. Amazon.com: 5.8GHz Wireless Audio Video Sender Transmitter & Receiver with Infrared Remote Extender: Electronics).

If you go with the a/v -> coax converter, you can get a remote transmitter instead (i.e. Amazon.com: Next Generation Remote Control Extender: Electronics).

A more complex way ( of course , its how I do it ) is to use the component outputs to a component to composite converter, then use an composite to rf converter. Since the Component out and HDMI outputs are the same resolution, it doesn't create a problem and there's no green tint . I use this for my small , monitoring set .
:)

Brent, doesn't HDMI/composite need to set to RGB, while component need to be set for YUV in the openbox settings?

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts