openbox HD and Nfusion HD giving me no tv screen after initially working

Status
Please reply by conversation.

tutank123

Aug 5, 2010
NW Texas
Just set up a new Openbox Hd receiver on 97* and while watching a channel hit the video resolution button to see what was being broadcast and lost all video, only audio working on HDMI. No tv screen, no menu screen. Is this how freee enterprise is delivered, rendered today? Two different units, bought years apart with identical malfunctions. Tried different HDMI cables, component cables, rebooting, shorting out the power cord ends. And the beat goes on to the lowest common denominator. And this was immediately after Fedex delivered this unit to the incorrect address which I had to chase down. Have a nice day! Perhaps this is how one addresses media competition in the New World stage.

Flashing the unit requires that you have a screen which is not available in these circumstances. Are any other CONSUMERS experiencing these issues? Thanks,
Ron

Openbox S-9 FTA Receiver

Recovering out of PAL Mode when using HDMI, 1080i_60 Hi Res and YUV Video

Accidently pressing the V. FORMAT button may force you into PAL 50 hz mode w/ BLACK screen, only.

BLIND Procedure to regain normal video using remote, and aimed carefully at the receiver:

Turn off rear pwr switch, then press pwr on to re-boot; allow ~20 sec for full boot (norm 17-18 sec)

On Remote, carefully press only the following keys in exact order

Press MENU [stops at Edit Ch.]

Press DN arrow 2x [stops at Sys Setup]

Press OK [stops at Language step]

Press DN arrow 1x [Enter TV Sys mode]

Press OK [Enter Video Res mode]

Press RIGHT arrow and pause (up to 8x) for 1080i_60 (or 720p_60); see the on screen video menu

Press EXIT 3x to view normal channel hi-res video

If the the Openbox is on PALL Mode the HDMI video on the tv will not work

actually when I had the S10 (for like 3 hours) ;) I hit that once and it gave me black screen on my Panny
Hooked it up in the computer room to a newer HDTV and it read the Pal format so I could change it

Just set up a new Openbox Hd receiver on 97* and while watching a channel hit the video resolution button to see what was being broadcast and lost all video, only audio working on HDMI. No tv screen, no menu screen.
This isnt like OTA where its different resolution. This you set it for something (say 720p) and dont touch it. It will show up fine regardless of what the native resolution is

Is this how freee enterprise is delivered, rendered today? Two different units, bought years apart with identical malfunctions.
what the hell does that have to do with anything? You hit a button to screw it up and now you're blaming the machine?

As noted the defualt is PAL....the machine is normally based to work in a PAL system market. These receivers are imported. The manufacturer put a US plug on it but its the same software that they use in Asia which is based on PAL setups.

Flashing the unit requires that you have a screen which is not available in these circumstances. Are any other CONSUMERS experiencing these issues? Thanks,

yeah I hit it once on accident. Plugged into another TV that allowed me to see it. Otherwise what carlos wrote will work

carlospr43 many thanks as your steps reset my openbox Hd. Factory manuals which are fundamentally all foreign today ignore the meaning of " manual". Proper instructions clearly not from hell inform those paying money for a product what the operations are of its product's features. And do not ignore obvious problems by placing a remote video format key directly below the down key. Not all of us have access nor the money or time to all products in the world to find some logical, working functions of that product. Like your car I have modified and owned a Chevy Vega since 1972. Again thanks, Sir.
Addendum: does anyone have similar steps to regain normal video for the NFusion Hd?

Ron

I found this by a google search. I do not have a NFusion HD to try it.

Step 1 Menu
Step 2 Channel Down
Step 3 Volume Right
Step 4 Channel UP
Step 5 OK
Step 6 OK

If this doesn't work, then google "NFusion HD PAL to NTSC" for more results.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)