Openbox S10 For Sale On Fleabay?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
From reviews it seems that the green tint problem is gone. Receivers are now available on EBay for only $119 including shipping. I might buy one this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh to have money to buy one...but then again I already bought the S9 twice (once as a Sathawk...once as a Openbox) and sold them both...so maybe I can wait ;)

From reviews it seems that the green tint problem is gone. Receivers are now available on EBay for only $119 including shipping. I might buy one this weekend.

Just curious why this link was deleted? I attached the link, because it has good screen-shots showing the updated graphics.

I could see the reason for deletion if this site promoted stealing of satellite signals, but according to this blurb on their site they don't:

(blank) NOW HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY FOR SATELLITE SIGNAL THEFT INQUIRIES. READ OUR POLICY BEFORE POSTING, EMAILING, CALLING OR PURCHASING ANY PRODUCT!

Edit: Ok, I understand now I guess this company has a past that I was unaware of.

Last edited:
Just curious why this link was deleted? I attached the link, because it has good screen-shots showing the updated graphics.

Edit: Ok, I understand now I guess this company has a past that I was unaware of.

yep. Normally I dont remove links but in this case I had to. We have had issues with that site in the past including a former member who is staff there who did nothing but PM folks sending them to that site and also stirring up trouble here. And also their views on "Feeds" too ;)

Hope you understand

Thanks Anole for noticing I did a little research....that 12V 50 mA is for a wireless set up you know...I did a little more.

I posted a thread about all the receivers I had found while I was looking for better firmware that could be loaded to the S9.

I also found where to get them and there is a rumored 2011 S9 model with twin tuner which is what I was looking for when I seen the raped S10!

All of its ports are gone...it is pathetic from what I see. We like to wire it to what we have!

One last comment...

They settled for the last one....why don't we strip it down and sell them a new model?

It used to be a new model, bigger number model was better....so surly a s10 would be better than an S9?

I ain't gonna bite...

It looks like one of those "if you dont have a SSO get a S10 but if you have the S9 you wont gain anything by getting the new model"

Just like years ago when the Coolsat 5000 was "the thing" and they came out with a 6000. The "upgrades?"
a supposed longer EPG (useless here in NA)
otherwise it was basically a 5000 in a 4000 cover

The stripping out of component is bad as some folks use that to their TV or in my case a DVD recorder/Hard Drive
Also the AC-3 output is only through the RCA cables or HDMI...no extra port

I agree that Component Video and either optical or RCA digital sound, would have been far more attractive.
Is it a deal breaker?
Look at all the d@#% people still using Composite Video... :(

The S9/SSO doesn't have 4:2:2 and sells like a champ (I assume).
If the S10 hits the market at an ever more aggressive price, I think it'll take a lot of sales.
Anyone wanting a bunch of cheap receivers for business/religious distribution of video will certainly be taking notice.

My older 42" LCD has only a single HDMI input which I currently use for a WD media player box.
I do have an HDMI 3x1 switcher (with remote), but that's my court of last resort! :)

Similar HDMI Switcher - works great, don't use Component anymore. The black port on the right - it looks like RCA Digital Audio, or what? They stripped it down based on usage pattern, reported by NA dealers.

If only there was more programming to watch with such receivers here... :) Some info sources say, they will be stripped down Linux DVB-S2 STB coming soon based on same Ali chipset, meaning very cheap too, but with more features to play with, no 4:2:2 though.

Last edited:
yep. Normally I dont remove links but in this case I had to. We have had issues with that site in the past including a former member who is staff there who did nothing but PM folks sending them to that site and also stirring up trouble here. And also their views on "Feeds" too ;)

Hope you understand

I understand no problem. Perhaps I'll order one and perform my own review and provide screen shots.

Component analog outputs are disappearing from this year's crop of Blu-Ray players as well. In the case of the Blu-Ray players, this is due to the "analog sunset", which is a mandate that they get rid of analog HD outputs. If everything is going to go HDMI only, they'd better start lining the backs of new TVs with 10 or more HDMI inputs.

I cannot remember how many different versions of HDMI are out now.

The thing that I heard is that some of those new 3D Bluray setups have to use

2 HDMI connections! :eek:

The HDBaseT is supposed to solve that plus it has internet TV applications as well.

Actually now that I think of it I have a HDMI port available. Use the azbox on component for 2 reasons
-HDMI handshake issues
-If I use HDMI then I cant use the RCA ports to record something (some of the feeds that stutter I use a standalone DVD recorder because the azbox plays them fine)

Its kind of strange that using HDMI blocks analog ports, since they use different schematics. May be a firmware bug, or other cost cutting solution prevents it. In fact, every device I used so far, allowed to connect analog and digital ports at the same time.

All of my HDMI equipped devices all render the other ports useless when connected to HDMI.

My DVD recorders, Bluray player and even the DVD mega changer all act the same way.

I did not try my OpenBox yet on HDMI until I get the living room

finished up and I hopefully get to move back in there! ;)

I cannot remember how many different versions of HDMI are out now.

The thing that I heard is that some of those new 3D Bluray setups have to use

2 HDMI connections! :eek:

The HDBaseT is supposed to solve that plus it has internet TV applications as well.

The reason that some Blu-Ray3D players have two HDMI outputs is so that the sound can be routed separately from the video. This is necessary if you are playing a 3D disc through an older audio receiver using HDMI. Older receivers cannot handle the higher video bandwidth of 3D, so the separate HDMI can carry the audio separately, eliminating the need for a newer 3D-capable receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)