RTN and Tuff Signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keystone7

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
North Indiana
My signal is pretty low and sometimes not there. Wanted to know if it's a problem at my end or its the sat? Thanks!

You have a good dish and a good LNBF. You should be getting a good, reliable signal with only ocasional glitches. I use a 1m dish with an Invacom LNBF. Only very seldom I don't get a good recording.
Peaking your dish may give you a better signal. Don't forget to check the LNBF skew (even on a motorized setup) to be sure it is not a few degrees off. Also try moving the LNBF closer/further from the dish for optimal reception. You may just be slightly off alignment.

I was having a problem with the channels taking forever to sinc, thought maybe my old channel list was problem (using brand new lnb), deleted the transponder, done a blind scan and it never picked up the transponder at all that the 2 channels are on. entered it manually, scanned the TP and all it good again, but still takes a while for them to sink, but once they do, great signal strength...

I've been having the same problem in mid-mo for the last couple months with RTV & Tuff tv , a little tweaking use to help , but this last week I've lost almost all signal . Plan on changing lnb and checking coaxal cable this weekend , figured the problem was all mine , since no on else was having problems ????

I have been having a lot of the same loss of signal but I'm further north and east using a 75E S/C dish (26 X 36") so it has to be dead on.I tweeked it yesterday and it seems better and we've been having nothing but rain for over a week.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)