openbox s10 no signal @ all

Status
Please reply by conversation.

piculino1

Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
Elizabeth,NJ
Hi all there think this is my first post i have my openbox since novenber last year I was living in us new jersey right now
move to argentina to make a long story short I could never set up my s10 box for some reason getting always intensity 45% quality 10% dont't know what im doing wrong after all im confused my system:plom pole,motor sg6000 geosat 36" my lat is -34 south my long -58.43 west,elevation 56 degreds my dish antenna reading is 40 (-) declination angle 5.510 im also try one satellite amazonas 2 at 61 west gessing that is closer to my location no signal.Thanks in advance.

Setting up a motorized dish is very difficult for someone just starting out. It is important to get the feel of how difficult it is to aim at a linear Ku-Band satellite (its far more precise than aiming at a DBS satellite from DirecTV or Dish). For this reason, it is recommended to start off without the motor and just aim your dish at a single satellite (97W is a good choice here because of the number of open channels). Once you get the feel for how touchy the aim is and aimed and tuned in a few satellites across the sky, you will be ready to add the motor and the unique complications involved with installing it.

The Dishpointer site is helpful in determining where in the sky your target satellite is from where you live.

Good luck, and welcome to SatelliteGuys.us!

Hi thanks for your quick replay I'm already tryed that and I would once again but so frustrated I notice one issue after upgrade software my box display shows NOCH and offcouse don't have the channel list backup.i'll let you know if get any better thanks.

Just add your own channels...pick the the sats you want and then go and blind scan them...manually add 12172 H 27500 for amzonas and peak on that. It is a very strong transponder.

Hi thanks for your quick replay I'm already tryed that and I would once again but so frustrated I notice one issue after upgrade software my box display shows NOCH and offcouse don't have the channel list backup.i'll let you know if get any better thanks.

What do you tried??? Does the NO CHANNELS is on the box display LEDS??? Do you have video on your TV??? Its probably on PAL mode , if you recently updated the firmware.

NoCh means there are no channels in the memory. Add TP info as ke4est has outlined. Make it a habit to export and save MISC Files>>TP_Prog (This is the transponder/Channels/satellite programming file) Think there's a file in the downloads section here- but may be a bit out of date. Amazonas has had TP changes in the recent past.

NoCh means there are no channels in the memory. Add TP info as ke4est has outlined. Make it a habit to export and save MISC Files>>TP_Prog (This is the transponder/Channels/satellite programming file) Think there's a file in the downloads section here- but may be a bit out of date. Amazonas has had TP changes in the recent past.

its also what its display on the front LEDs when you upgrade firmwares and boot in Pal NoChan . Of course when doing the upgrade there isnt any channel yet in the box. But if is in PAL and he doesnt know how to make the change to NTSC he will not have video thus cant upload any channel list, scan or anything. We need to make sure he is in NTSC and has video to go to next step.

you can load/save a channel list via rs232 or lan manager even if in pal mode. For amazonas the beam is different than in the u.s. so you have to find an active transponder for tp1. Did you get the motor there? Southern hemisphere motors are programmed differently than northern,probably why the controller chip is in a socket.

Hi,guys thanks a bunch for all replays and all sugestions to do cos' i,m really lost and the need to learn.Today I triyed to pick-up something with out the motor just the dish antenna but no luck my tv is a sony bravia it doesn't have pal system only as video output other than that it system is ntsc,also last night I hit video key in my openbox remote control but doesn't change anything will work with all yours advices Thanks again.

Go back to what I said before and give it a try. :)

motors in the southern hemisphere are programmed for that,never heard of anybody modding a motor chip.
west is east and east is west.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MIXING USALS & DISEQC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)