Status
Please reply by conversation.

MikeinBaja

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2008
San Diego area (CA)
Greetings holders of all knowlege FTA!

I want to add a fixed KU dish (odd skew) to my motorized KU setup. Running the new micro-hd receiver and an SG9120b motor. Current receiver settings are USALS, and I'm tracking the arc nicely. :D

In order to add the fixed dish is it simply a matter of changing the settings for that sat one from USALS to DISEQC on the receiver (leaving all the others USALS) - after installing the fixed dish - wired to switch (along with the motor dish wired to switch) then "main" lead from switch to receiver?

I don't want to really screw up what I already have!

BTW - LOVE the new box!

i haven't got to play with the microHD yet

most receivers have a motor setup as usals diseqc or off ... for the fixed dish the setting would be off
but if your adding a switch into the system thats where you would have to set every satellite to know what switch so if your using a diesqc switch you would have to select that and let it know what port ( for each satellite )

if you have one and it wouldn't interfere with your system easiest switch to add would be 22 Khz that way all previous satellites settings could use the off port and the stationary dish could use the on port and only one place to change in setup of course this wont work with universals and as always noted with switches care is needed when installing / removing such as powering off the receiver

To add a fixed dish, return the Motor selection for the fixed satellite to the default - None and select a switch type and path instead.

For example if 103w KU will be the fixed dish using a 22KHz switch:
  • Connect a coax from the microHD to the motor
  • Connect a 22KHz switch to the Motor LNBF port
  • Connect the motorized dish's LNBF to switch port - 22khz - OFF
  • Connect the 103w LNBF to switch port - 22khz - ON
  • Enter the microHD Motor / Switch setting menu
  • Select satellite 103w KU
  • Turn 22khz - ON
  • Turn Motor Type - OFF

To add a fixed dish, return the Motor selection for the fixed satellite to the default - None and select a switch type and path instead.

For example if 103w KU will be the fixed dish using a 22KHz switch:
  • Connect a coax from the microHD to the motor
  • Connect a 22KHz switch to the Motor LNBF port
  • Connect the motorized dish's LNBF to switch port - 22khz - OFF
  • Connect the 103w LNBF to switch port - 22khz - ON
  • Enter the microHD Motor / Switch setting menu
  • Select satellite 103w KU
  • Turn 22khz - ON
  • Turn Motor Type - OFF

Gee Brian - where would I get a 22khz switch? Oh yea - one came with the micro :). If I read this right, the switch connects to the 2 LNBs and the "output" from the switch is connected to the motor?

No go straight from your microHD to the motor than out of the motor to switch then from switch to your LNBF's. Look at my very crude drawing.

22khz.jpg

Maybe I miss-read it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)