Openbox S9 and Movies?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My favorite conversion tool is Handbrake, It can convert most any video to .mp4 or .mkv, I just tried a few .flv files and they play on the S9 too.

Good to know there's another format that is compatible with the S9s. The more the better!! Wonder if it will play on an AZBox also???

FYI for editing movies and such I use a program called Avidemux, which is a free progie for Ubuntu and other Linux distributions.

i gave up on converting my files. the solomend plays them ok if i want to see them. i was thinking today that i have a component video usb that hooks to the computer. i would try hooking it up to the component video on the soloment. good thing i am retired also. but mainly i am waiting for the new geopro box. charlie

I have been a Windows user since it was first introduced but recently switched to Linux Mint and I will never go back. My computer wouldn't run Avidemux very well so I installed Handbrake, I used it a lot in Windows. I just tried some new .avi files on my S9 and it won't play them but a few of the older ones play ok. I wonder if my old files are not really .avi but something else with the .avi extension. I used Nero Recode a couple of years ago in Windows to convert my files to .mp4 and those files play on the S9 as well.

Last edited:
My CNX Trio has a second tuner for playing avi files. I know it will not play an avi file with a variable bitrate. I have to convert the file to a constant bitrate, and then it will play.

Perhaps, SSO boxes are similar in nature?

Catamount

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts