Openbox S9 and the CW's on 91W C-band

Status
Please reply by conversation.

walrus1957

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
40 miles west of Omaha
Just curious if anyone else has experieninced this glitch; When watching the CW's on 91W using the openbox S9 ocasionally the audio is out of sync with the video. If I reboot everything is fine, version is HDS-10-07-12-0290CMT green tint fix. I purchased this box in March of this year.

Not sure if this is something related just to the Openbox and the firmware version, if I recall something along this line has occured in the past using the Coolsat 5K box. Haven't had the coolsat hooked up for quit some time so I'm not sure about that.

with any digital signal (satellite or ota) you can encounter this probem, Although it is rare in ota and not as bad as it used to be in satellite, it does happen, try toggling to another channel and back or like you said, just reboot.

Most consumer STB receivers will lose AV sync if left on one channel for extended periods. This is not unique to the S9.

Most STBs only reference the "sync" PCR reference when initially tuned and do not continually reference as is done with commercial receivers.

To resync, either tune to another transponder of power cycle as you have discovered.

Most consumer STB receivers will lose AV sync if left on one channel for extended periods. This is not unique to the S9.

Most STBs only reference the "sync" PCR reference when initially tuned and do not continually reference as is done with commercial receivers.

To resync, either tune to another transponder of power cycle as you have discovered.

I think you have the answer here, seems that my Pansat and Coolsat did the same thing, but only happens with the CW signals on 91W that I am aware of. My Coolsat would act really strange with the CW's, would have the video glitching (jerky) for a minute or two before syncing up. The Openbox always has a stable video but left on the station for an exstended period of time the audio would be out of sync with the video. Changing transponders, channels or satellites would not fix it, but rebooting did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts